𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧.

Start from the beginning

Charlotte was pretty sure that was the day everything changed for her. Even if she didn't want to admit it. 

So now, holding a gun to another human being wasn't an entirely positive feeling. 

"Big mistake." The guard gritted out as Rafe used one of the sheets to tie his hands behind his back. "You'll regret this."

"Thanks for your concern." Charlotte muttered, a small breath escaping her lips. "We'll let you know how it turns out for us."

"Gimme the phone." Rafe ordered the guard, fumbling to pull the cell phone from the pocket of the guard's uniform. 

He stood, completed securing the sheets around the guard's hands. "Lottie, give me the gun." He prodded, holding out his hand. 

Already uneasy with holding the weapon, Charlotte instantly placed it in Rafe's hands. Kiara's eyes flickered between the two of them, still unconvinced that she could entirely trust her sister's boyfriend. 

Stealing a glance down at the guard, Charlotte nodded toward the open door. "We should go." She declared, her chest tightening with anxiety. This was their first hurdle in escaping, they had many more to go. 

"Yeah." Rafe breathed, taking a step in front of the girls. "Let's go."

The three of them made quick work in exiting the bedroom they had been held captive in, locking the door behind them for good measure. The longer it took that guard to be found, the longer they had to make their escape. 

As they reached the bottom of the staircase, Kiara spoke in a hushed tone. 

"Rafe." She said quietly, to which he ignored her. "Rafe. Rafe. Rafe." His name came out in rushed whispers. 

Both Charlotte and Rafe turned to face her, exasperated expressions on their faces. "What?" Rafe demanded. 

Kiara held out her hand. "Give me the phone."

"Why?" Charlotte challenged, eyes darting around to ensure there were no guards hiding behind the corner. 

Kiara's eyes shifted to Rafe for a moment before settling on her sister. Whatever the reason was, she wasn't going to tell Charlotte with Rafe's prying ears. "Because."

Knowing he had no time to argue, Rafe placed the device in the youngest Carrera's hands. He then looked to Charlotte. "You ready?"

She nodded, standing so closely behind him that her chest was practically pressed to his back. "Yeah." She whispered, fearful of what was on the other side of the door in front of them. 

Wordlessly, Rafe pushed open the door, stepping into the room with the gun ready. 

Thankfully, there were no guards actually in the room, but there were some stationed outside of the exterior door. 

"Damnit." Rafe muttered, head already swivelling to look for an alternative exit. Charlotte was doing the same, taking quiet steps across the room to the next door she could see. 

"Here." She whispered to Rafe who had arrived next to her. "This is our way out."

Rafe quirked a small smile, "Good job." He praised, lightly pushing Charlotte through the threshold before turning. "Kie!" He snapped in a hushed tone. "Let's go."