Chapter 72 - Planning Start! part 2

Start from the beginning

"Good."

"I might try asking him for help" Kazutora thought. "So do you know where we'll start the fire?"

"I guess her apartment...wait, I think she might still live with her parents." I looked over at Yumi. "Hey, Yumi!"

"Yes, (Y/n)?" She was about to start walking towards me but I held my hand out to stop her. I then made my way over to her instead.

"Can I see my phone real quick?"

"Sure." She handed me my phone and I walked all the away over to a different table and sat it down.

"I hope someone doesn't come by and yoink my shit" I thought as I walked back over to Yumi. "Now Yumi, do you have an apartment or do you live with your folks?"

"I have one but I spend most of my time with my parents" she answered. "Why do you ask?"

Ignoring her question, I asked another one of my own. "Does this apartment have any of your belongings in it?"

"Just a few."

"Good, good." This might actually work if we can pull this off. "Now hypothetically speaking, if a fire was to breakout in that apartment, how upset would you be?"

"Well hopefully I'm not in the apartment."

"You won't be."

She let out a sigh of relief. "As long as I'm alive and well, I wouldn't mind losing whatever is in my apartment."

Hearing her say that made me feel some type of way. "Well, that's good to know."

"Um if you don't mind me asking, why did you want to know if I had an apartment, (Y/n)?"

"It has something to do with helping you get away from Bonten."

"Just me?"

"Yes, but before you even say anything, if things get sticky with my situation with Bonten, I'll either try to put up a good fight or find some way to have Kazutora save my ass even though I really don't want him to get any more involve than he already has."

"Promise?"

"I'm not really good at making promises, Yumi."

Yumi looked very upset with me but knew that I was doing all this for her. "Okay then. So what did you and Mr. Kazutora plan?"

"We're going to fake your death in a fire."

"Will that actually fool Bonten?"

"That's the thing, we're still trying to figure some things out."

"I see. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Hmm." I stood there for a hot second thinking of things Yumi could do until something came to me. "You can help by not telling your folks about what's going to happen."

She let out a gasp. "You want them to believe I actually died?"

"I know it sounds messed up, but it's going to make things more believable."

"I...I don't know if I can do that to them, (Y/n)."

Guessing Kazutora could hear us, he made his way over. "You know it would have been even better if you didn't tell her any of this until we had a solid plan, (Y/n)."

"I mean it's kind of good to warn her in advance when her place goes up in flames, right?"

"Yeah but we still don't know when all of this is going to happen." He looked over at Yumi. "You think you can keep quiet about this?"

"I can try" she told him.

Kazutora sighed. "Look if word gets out about this, both you and (Y/n) will get killed by Bonten" he started. "And they won't stop there, they kill anybody you hold dear to."

I hit Kazutora on his arm. "You don't have to scare her like that!"

"I'm just trying to make sure she knows how serious this is."

Yumi stood there for a minute or two and thought about what Kazutora said. She knew he was right but she really didn't want to have her parents and siblings go through something awful even though she wouldn't actually be dead. "Okay, I won't tell my parents about this."

Kazutora nodded his head. "Good." He then turned to look at where he saw me place my phone. "(Y/n), you should probably go get your phone."

"Oh yeah." I turned in the direction of the table I put my phone on and saw a squirrel sitting on it. "Hey! There ain't no nuts on that!" I walked over to the table and the squirrel got scared, running off. "But it definitely put it's nuts on my screen." I picked up my phone and scrunched my face. "Like how is that even possible?" I couldn't help but look at the lovely nut print that squirrel left on my screen protector.

"What's wrong, (Y/n)?" Yumi asked as her and Kazutora came over to me.

"I need to get a new screen protector." I showed them my phone and I could have sworn I heard Kazutora let out a laugh. "Don't laugh."

"I wasn't laughing" he lied as he pulled out his phone and checked the time. "Well I think I should get going." He saw he had a bunch of miss calls from Chifuyu. "My break was over for awhile now."

"You're so lucky Chifuyu is a nice guy and won't fire your ass."

"Yeah." He put his phone away and got ready to leave. "I'll text you more about what we were talking about, (Y/n)."

"Okay." Yumi and I waved him bye. "Well I guess I should call Kakucho to pick me up now."

"Oh, you're leaving already?" Yumi asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Well...actually you know what, let's actually have a girls day." I grabbed her hand.

"Um, did you want to get a new screen protector first, (Y/n)?" Yumi asked as she pointed at my phone.

"New screen protector first then we'll have our girls day!" I raised our hands in the air and I heard Yumi laugh a bit. "I'm glad she's not focusing too much about the plan anymore" I thought as I had Yumi lead us out of the park.