3 « Blue Hour »

Start from the beginning

With that, Tom and Maddie left the garage, leaving Y/N alone with the boxes. She glanced around her and her gaze landed on the suitcase that was now sitting alone, waiting for her to pack it. As much as she would have preferred to pack later, she now needed to do it before her parents would leave. With a huff, she snatched the suitcase and dragged it with her to the house.

Not that long after, the girl was up in her room going through her closet as well as her drawers as she looked for clothes to take with her. Several pieces were already waiting on her bed for the final decision making, but she had to be sure to go through all her clothes so as to not accidentally miss something nice that she could wear out in the warm sun. Of course the need for clothes wasn't that considerable because she wouldn't be gone for longer than the weekend, but that didn't mean she couldn't have options. When has there not been a need for a spontaneous outfit change?

Hearing the window creaking, she glanced behind her, only to see it wide open. As she turned her head back to the drawer she was going through, she could feel as a pair of lips landed against her cheek, and soft fur tickled against her skin before quickly pulling back out.

Y/N turned to look at Sonic as he landed on the floor beside her. "Morning, sleepyhead," she smiled.

It was only then that Sonic took notice of his surroundings. He glanced at the many clothes sitting on the bed and asked, "What are you doing?"

The girl shut the drawer and sighed. "What's it look like?"

"It looks like you're packing," Sonic replied as Y/N walked over to her bed. "I thought you were gonna do this tomorrow?"

"Yeah. So did I," she said while folding a teal blouse. "But since I got caught sneaking out to hang out with my no-good-boyfriend, my parents decided to ground me."

Sonic hopped on the bed, lying down while dangling his feet over the edge. "Meaning...?" he inquired, his gaze on the ceiling.

Y/N threw the shirt into the suitcase and turned to the boy. "That I'm leaving today."

Sonic swiftly sat up. "What? But we had a whole evening planned! And tomorrow too."

"I know and it sucks," Y/N groaned. She pushed aside the clothes beside Sonic and took a seat on the bed. "I did manage to get us an hour though."

"An hour is less time than we have on most days," Sonic complained as he leaned his head against her. If it wasn't obvious, this weekend was something the two had been looking forward to a lot.

"Well, an hour is better than nothing," said Y/N. She got up from the bed and let go of Sonic as she continued, "So I better pack now so that we can use our time to the fullest."

Sonic gave her a nod in agreement and she began to go through her clothes again. He glanced around, looking at all the clothes that she was trying to decide between. Just by a quick glance, he could tell that something that could be described as an essential Hawaii-item was missing.

"No swimsuit?" he asked, despite knowing that the girl wasnt that fond of going into water when other people were around.

"Nope," she replied as she placed another shirt in the suitcase. "No plans to go swimming."

Sonic threw his legs on the bed and rolled onto his stomach. He leaned his head against his arms as he watched the girl search through more of her clothes. "Not even at night?" he inquired, thinking back to the previous summer.

Y/N smiled hearing the suggestion, and glanced at him. "Pretty sure they have a policy against that. Besides, I just promised to not stay up all night so that's out of the question."