11: Painted Skin

Começar do início

Kana didn't understand anything that he had said, but something told her that there weren't any problems with her mark, which was reassuring because she wanted to leave the place so badly. "So, what now?" Sakura asked.

Gojo was about to answer before he descended into a fit of coughs. He stopped a few seconds later as he wiped his mouth. "The elders will be sending a set of instructions to you tonight, but to cut it short, you'll need to meet Kana every week to keep her in check and train her. They are quite eager to mobilise her as soon as possible."

"I'm fine with that. Gives me an excuse to travel," Sakura yawned. "Anything else?"

Gojo glanced at Kana once more before he whispered something to Sakura. Her eyes widened fractionally, before returning to their gleeful state. "Well, that's a hassle, but can't be helped."

"Good. It is time for you to understand," he said. "That some responsibilities cannot be evaded, and some should be evaded."

"You sound very old, Kagaya," Sakura laughed. Kagaya coughed once again before looking at Kana. She quickly hid behind Sakura, afraid of what he would do to her. Would he make another tattoo somewhere else?

Out of nowhere, he took a piece of thin scarf, and wrapped it around her neck. "This should cover it until you find something proper," Kagaya muttered. "I'll see you."

Kagaya left as quickly as he had arrived. The scarf around Kana's neck was very warm, too warm for a summer afternoon like this, but it did its job to conceal the mark. The heat, perhaps, managed to drown the throbs around it. "Who's that?" Kana managed to ask as they were released from custody.

"Just an old friend."

oOo

Kana had never been good with directions. Despite Suguru's careful instructions sent through her phone, she still managed to get lost in Shibuya twice before winding up back to the same train station entrance, sweating more than fulfilling her goal of actually finding her seniors. "Hi, Ieiri-senpai? Yes, I am definitely lost. There's a mini mart in front of me, but there are a number around here so I—. You said Gojo-senpai has found me through Cursed Energy? Oh, okay... I... will wait here then."

There was a loud beep as Shoko hang up. Kana huffed and leaned against a pillar, waiting. She wore her high-collared shirt, as usual, with a pair of shorts. "Akatsuki-san. There she is!" Suguru said. Kana tilted her head to see her three seniors plumbing through the sea of crowds. Suguru, as she had thought, was the most fashionable one, dressed in greys and blacks which reminded her of the people from Matrix. Shoko wore a thin airy blouse and a skirt, paired with cute necklaces here and there.

And then there was Satoru.

"Now, now. Please don't be too judgemental, Akatsuki-chan," Satoru began first when Kana blatantly stared at the large Digimon picture imprinted on his shirt, with corny catchphrases from the anime's main character.

"No, it's just," Kana breathed. "You have a very unique taste, I see." Kana liked certain things, cute mascots among many of them, but she wouldn't dare decorate herself with awkward prints or accessories in public. This man's dedication was admirable.

Suguru scoffed, "We tried our best to dissuade him, but Gojo Satoru is still Gojo Satoru. When he wants something, he'll always get it."

Sounds legitimate.

"So, where should we go now?" asked Kana after the shock had died down. "I am all yours to lead."

"Let's see," Shoko said, rubbing her chin. "Satoru needs a lot of tops and pants, as do you, so we'll go to one of the shopping centres here first. I know one which sells cheap ones at good quality..." Kana nodded as she explained the list of shops available.