21. he's a little boy

Start from the beginning

Stephanie is pulled out of her thoughts when El jumps off her bed and switches the radio channel. "What are you doing?" Stephanie's question is only answered when El puts a blindfold over her eyes.

Max jumps up to her feet. "Is this really gonna work?"

El only nods as she finishes tying the piece of cloth.

"Holy shit, this is insane."

Stephanie lightly hits Max on the arm and puts her finger over her mouth to try and hush Max.

Max goes wide eyed at her realization. "Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry."

After sitting in silence with only the static cutting through, El speaks up. "I found them."

Max kneels down next to El. "What are they doing?"

"Eating."

Stephanie laughs when El says this.

Of course.

"They say we are species," El stutters through the unknown word.

Stephanie sighs. "Now they're acting like little boys."

"Emotion, not logic," El repeats.

Stephanie crosses her arms. "I bet Mike said that one."

"What?" Max leans closer to El as if she didn't hear her correctly.

After a minute of sitting in silence, El pulls the blindfold off and looks between Max and Stephanie, scared.

"What? What happened?" Max asks, concerned.

El just starts uncontrollably laughing.

"What?" Stephanie asks, already laughing.

Soon, all three girls are laughing even though no one really knows why exactly, until they hear a car pulling into the driveway.

"It's probably my dad." El reaches over towards another one of Max's magazines.

Stephanie goes wide eyed. "Will he be mad that we're here? He kind of scares me."

El shrugs.

At the slight reassurance, Stephanie grabs a magazine and lays on her stomach next to El. Soon enough, each girl has their own magazine and are laying next to each other.

The door slams shut, resulting in a jump from Stephanie.

A loud yell comes from outside the door. "Hey!"

"Hey!" Another yell, this time louder.

Pounding footsteps come closer to the door. "When I say three inches, three—" The door opens to reveal Hopper, holding a wine bottle obviously from some type of fancy restaurant and a coat draped over his arm.

He is so drunk.

"Do you knock?!" Max was the first to say anything to Hopper, obviously surprised Mike wasn't there.