Prologue

A/N: Totally didn't forget about the story!!! I've had the prologue written for a while now, but I forgot to actually add it in to Wattpad. Here's the long-awaited prologue, almost exactly a year after I decided to rewrite this thing.

"Barnacle, for the love of Clearsight, put the fish away! The entire cave stinks!"

"So?! Chrysanthemum can eat her fruits here, I can smell it from the sky! What's so bad about my fish, Squall?" Barnacle snapped, cuddling his meal to his chest.

"Chrysanthemum's fruits smell good," Squall huffed, tail flicking in irritation, "No one wants to smell your seafood."

"Boys, stop fighting." A sleek voice echoed from the shadows at the top of the cave. "The egg will hatch soon. It needs peace."

"Yes, Starleaper," the two dragons sighed, walking off in their own directions.

Starleaper paced through the halls, anxiety biting her heels. Today was the second brightest night in a century, coming too soon after the Dragonets of Destiny. That fact itself held a premonition of something going wrong, but the tribes needed anything they could get, especially an all-powerful seven-way hybrid.

"You've been pacing for hours, Starleaper," another NightWing commented, "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm quite well, Fargazer," she answered plainly, turning to face him. "Reports on the egg?"

"It's not cracking, but it's alive. Gila is freaking out, she's hanging cozy dragonet decorations all over the place!"

Starleaper smiled. They were all part of the AllWing Prophecy Association, or APA for short, Sector 1 to be specific, tasked with caring for, nurturing, training, and protecting the AllWing until they were ready to start their mission.

"It's hatching!" An excited squeal echoed across the cave system. Starleaper shot up from her half-nap, suddenly alert. She joined the rest of the Association sitting tall around the cracking egg. It was so silent, you could hear a beetle scuttling across the stone ground.

Crack.

Crack.

Crack.

A little dragonet squeal.

The egg was missing a bit in the middle, a little grayish-black dragonet nose poking out curiously.

The rest of the dragonet followed, revealing bright amber wings, a blue tail, little brown legs, and a curious face. The dragonet looked like a complete mess of different Pyrrhian tribes, not graceful or powerful in any way. She had a large, light blue SeaWing frill on her head and a small amber RainWing frill to match, with gills down the sides of her neck. Her arms and legs seemed more MudWing in shape, color, and scale type, but had luminescent SeaWing stripes wrapping around them. Her tail was blue, with the same stripes traveling up, but they were accompanied by a dark tan SandWing tail frill. The tip of her tail had a small SandWing barb, surrounded by IceWing spikes whiter than snow.

"Is this what we're expecting?" Squall asked judgmentally, moving his snout away from the dragonet. "Some sort of... mismatched creation?"

Gila smacked him across the face. "Excuse me? She's perfect! Dominantly SeaWing, sure, but she's gonna save Pyrrhia!"

"We need a name," Barnacle cut in, "And since she's dominantly SeaWing, I should choose a traditional SeaWing name."

"The prophecy needs a majestic name," Fargazer argued, "Who's gonna look at a dragon named 'Jellyfish', or- or 'Pearl' and think 'Yeah, this dragon's saving my tail'?"

"Hopeseeker." Starleaper decided, ignoring the cry of outrage from the gray SeaWing. "She's finding hope for all of our seven tribes. And that's final."