Cale put a hand on Choi Han's shoulder and pointed at him.

"Give him something to eat."

"Excuse me?"

Beacrox asked with a stiff expression on his face.

"Give him something to eat. He's hungry."

Ho. Thalia take a quick glance at the knight who let out a shocked noise from the back. The knights immediately recollect himself when he noticed the stare. Thalia looks back to Beacrox when he finally agrees to Cale's request.

"I will do as you instructed young master"

A bright smile formed on Cale's face as he finally relax. he then pointed out to Thalia as he gave another order with a slightly higher tone.

"Make a mug of hot chocolate for her and prepare something for me. I'm hungry."

"Eh, for me?"

Cale nodded.

"You can't sleep, so having a hot mug of it should help you."

"O-oh. Thank you"

Thalia gratefully accepts. It's really nice to be taken care of for something small like this as she recalls the nostalgia from her memory lane. Cale then continued with his thought about the steak from last night's dinner.

"Also, your steak last night was the best. You are a great chef. Something like that steak would be a wonderful meal. Prepare it quickly."

Cale then turned around without waiting for Beacrox's response. He then left the kitchen with Hans and the knight quickly followed Cale leaving Thalia, Choi Han, Ron, and Beacrox behind.

"Young Miss, I will send the mug to you soon."

"Yes, thanks Ron and Beacrox. Mister, I hope you help yourself with the meal. I will be leaving first then."

She left the kitchen. Her heart started to thump as the feeling of dread with the presence of single-lifer come knocking back. Thalia recalls her mother's lesson- it was one of the personal lessons she had without her older brother joining in.
.
.

"Cycle... of life?" the young Thalia asked her mother as she pointed out those words. Her mother gently explain.

"The cycle of life here means the cycle of reincarnation. All beings will be born again in a new body and with new memories. That is the one rule of nature that we all abide by. However, there are also some exceptions."

The girl tilted her head. Her mind tries to grasp the big words as she slowly digests the information and comprehends it. The mother chuckled as she continue.

"Single-lifers are one of the exceptions. They are people who cannot reincarnate. usually, the gods will call single-lifers to a world when it is in danger. This is because the gods cannot intervene themselves."

"But then they have to say bye-bye to their home right?"

Her mother sadly smiles.

"That's why..."

.

.

.

"...that's why, Mother says we should be kind to them." Thalia finishes the line, ending her recall. She just take a deep breath and turned back to the kitchen. There are a few vials of healing potion she always carries in her pocket that she decides to give that man.

She pushes the door to Kitchen No. 2 open.

"Mister, I have something I.. want... what is this?"

Thalia gives them a look of disbelief as Beacrox pulls his cooking knife away and Ron hides his sharp dagger, leaving Choi Han with his defense up. Each of them have slight injury all over and Thalia's heart went cold.