Five - Inches in between us

Start from the beginning

"You remember my favorite Coffee?", i asked speechless.

"Of course. You were my best friend my whole life.", he said.

"I missed you so much.", i said quietly.

"I missed you too Lea. So why didn't you call me?"

"I did. I also called Caterina but none of you picked up. And i thought you didn't want to see me ever again.", i said.

"Lea, i was disappointed in you because i believed Charles. he gave me reasons why it should be true and i believed it."

"What reasons?"

"That a guy calls you everyday, that you didn't want spend time with him or you didn't show him affection."

"The guy was my doctor. I told him that. He had to trust me.", i said.

"Why should a doctor call you every day?"

"I was sick.", i lied.

"Lets change topic. How did you do the past years?", he asked me after he noticed how uncomfortable I am about talking about.

"Well i lost my ch... i lost my first love. I was totally heartbroken but live goes on. Then i finished my Law studies. And yeah a year ago i opened my own law firm with a friend. Then i met Max and now I'm here.", i told.

"Wow. I'm so proud of you."

"What happened with Caterina?"

"We grew apart. It didn't work anymore."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I have Kika now.", he said smiling. We talked about him and Kika. He seems to be happy and i am happy for him.

"What is he doing here?", i said when I noticed Charles approaching us.

Pierre turned around and then looked at me "Lea i didn't tell him!"

"He's right. Kika told me i would find him here.", Charles answered.

He took the seat next to Pierre and looked me deep in the eyes. "What were you talking about?"

"About-" "none of your business.", i interrupted Pierre.

"Why so mad?", he asked me.

"Because you're here."

"Where is your 'boyfriend'", he said doing a gesture with his fingers when he said boyfriend.

"He has a win to celebrate."

"And you aren't with him? Admit it you're just doing it to make me jealous and you aren't a couple."

"Does it work?" I asked him in a provocative way. Pierre laughed and Charles clenched his jaw. "Think what you want but Max isn't a revenge plan."

"Did you say 'i love you' yet? Did you meet his family or he yours?"

"I will meet his family tomorrow. But don't be mad. I'll reserve you a seat in the front row when we get married." I smiled provocative.

"Azalea!"

"What Charles?"

"Guys please stop now.", Pierre said.

"Come with me.", Charles said in an aggressive tone, stand up and grabbed my wrist. He walked out of the cafe.

"What are you doing dumbass?", i yelled.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐋𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐜

This girl drives me crazy. I don't know what had gotten into me but i need to touch her.

"Are you crazy?! Let me go! Charles!"  She yelled at me.

"Get in.", i said when I opened the door from the passenger seat.

"What? No!"

"Azalea get in!", my grip around her wrist got tighter.

"You're hurting me! Ogh fine!", she said and get into my car.

I get in as well and drove away.

"What in the actual fuck has gotten in to you? Why did you do this?! Pierre is alone there now!", she shouted.

Thats a good question Azalea.

"He is old enough.", i only said and focused on driving.

"Let me go. That's kidnapping!"

"Don't be childish. I want to talk to you."

"Then say what you have to say. Because i don't have any words for you."

"Azalea stop driving me crazy.", i said tensed. My grip around the steering wheel got tighter and my jaw clenched. I stopped the car and looked at her.

"Do i still have the effect on you?", she asked grinning and came closer to me.
She's playing a dangerous game.

"No, you don't.", i said and approached her with my face. There's only inches in between us. I looked down to her lips. Her soft lips.

"What do you have to say?", she asked and moved away from me.

"What are you doing to me? Fuck. I thought i was over you and now you are in my life again. I can't think straight since i saw you. And it's driving me crazy to know that he's fucking you.", i confessed. Its true. I can't think of anything else.

"Come on. Stop it. You left me, remember? You moved on a long time ago. You were in new relationships while i still cried myself to sleep and now that I'm in a relationship as well, you're playing the one who has suffered?", she said. If she knew that i never got fully over her. She makes me insecure about my feelings. For years I thought I was over her and now here she is and I doubt it.

"I have to go. Max is waiting for me.", she said and got out of my car.

+++
Hope you liked this chapter🫶🏽