32: Hide It All.

The only way for Nabi to see Mark for the past week was on the screen of the TV or her phone

The only way for Nabi to see Mark for the past week was on the screen of the TV or her phone. He's been so busy with schedules that the two had no time to spend together. It almost seemed like she went back to admiring and supporting him from afar, which was still nice and fun, but since he was already more than just an artist she liked, she missed him incredibly and texting wasn't the same as being in his presence.

As she scrolled through twitter since there was almost zero customers at the flower shop that day, Nabi's phone suddenly buzzed and she almost jumped at the incoming facetime call from her boyfriend. She sat straight up, fixed her hair and cleared her throat. Not seeing him for a week made her feel a bit nervous about a simple video call that they've done thousands of times ever since they met - adorable.

"Hi!" she yelled excitedly, maybe even too loudly.

"Hey! How's it going, babe? Are you at work?"

The pet names kept on giving her butterflies no matter how often she heard Mark call her sweetly. "Yeah, but it's so slow today, I might close it early." she frowned.

"Yo, really? Why's that?"

She shrugged. "I don't know, I guess people don't have anything to celebrate with flowers today. Where are you?"

"Oh, I'm on my way to an interview and then I have another fancall event." Mark rubbed his eyes and smiled softly, glancing out the window of a moving car every now and then.
Nabi put on an honest yet slightly sad smile that the boy caught on immediately. "Babe, you ok?"

She put on an even bigger smile "I just miss you, that's all." and shrugged, trying to not make a big deal out of it.

Mark sighed, visibly sharing her feelings. "I miss you too. I hope we can spend some time together soon. My busy schedules are slowly loosening up."

Nabi nodded, feeling bittersweet because she was extremely happy his dreams were coming true and he was receiving more and more love and attention, but she missed having him only for herself. Selfish, that's true, but everyone can be a little selfish sometimes.

Mark noticed Nabi's sad eyes even through the screen of his phone and couldn't help but feel bad about how he had no time to see her in person. They've been almost inseparable for so many months ever since they first met that not being in her presence for this long felt strange to him too. Unfortunately, he knew what he was getting himself into by debuting and making his dreams come true and he wasn't going to take it for granted. Neither his relationship with Nabi - a girl he had the strongest feelings for, feelings that never occurred to him before. He was going to plan something special for the two and make her smile that beautiful smile of hers.

Mark's attention turned to someone in the front seat, probably his manager, and sighed."Anyways, babe, I have to get going."

Nabi smiled and nodded. "Good luck with your schedules today, baby."