Intro to Alfie Scamander

The sunrise filtered through the sheer curtains of the East London townhome, awakening Alfie Scamander from his slumber. The aroma of fresh tea filled the air, accompanied by the sounds of commotion emanating from the living room.

Alfie's bedroom door swung open abruptly, revealing his mother at the threshold, her hand gripping the doorknob tightly. "Alfie, we're going to be late!" Her voice was frantic, her red hair still disheveled from sleep.

She moved towards his dresser and started tossing clothes toward Alfie. "Your father left for the factory early this morning, and it looks like we slept in too late. I couldn't manage to make breakfast, but I have some tea brewing on the stove for you. Your school things are packed from last night." She paced the room, trying to recall if they had missed anything.

Alfie sat up in bed, his lanky frame hunched over, his mind still foggy from just being woken up. He let out a slight groan, running both hands through his unruly light brown hair.

"I said, get up Alfie!" She smacked him a few times with one of his shirts.

"Alright, alright! Get out of my room Mum! I'm not changing in front of you!"

"Be quick about it!" She stormed out of his room.

Alfie groaned as he dragged himself out of bed and changed out of his pajamas. He put on a green and silver jumper, proudly displaying the colors of House Slytherin, and a pair of black pants that his mother had tossed at him earlier.

Alfie examined his reflection in the floor-length mirror and noticed that his jumper was tight around the shoulders and chest. He admired his slightly muscular but still slender frame. He knew his parents would have to buy him new clothes soon, and the thought of burdening them financially saddened him. He longed to use his magic to make their lives easier, but the Ministry's strict rules for underage wizards prohibited it. He sighed, dreaming of the day when he could use his magic to free his father and mother from the harsh conditions they had to work in.

After combing his brunette hair and parting it to his liking, Alfie walked out of his room to find his mother in the living room, organizing his belongings. He reached out to take the cup of tea she had poured for him.

He tried to down the tea as fast as he could without burning his tongue, but the inside of his chest had gotten too warm. He started choking and coughing, spitting out the tea in a fit of discomfort.

"Oh dear, are you alright? If you're sick, maybe we can write to the school and have you go later in the week." His mother asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm fine, Mum. I just choked on some tea." Alfie answered between coughs, pounding on his chest lightly.

"Alright then, it looks like we have everything. Let's get to that train." His mother gestured to his packed suitcase.

He grabbed the enchanted suitcase, which stored all of his school belongings, and followed his mother out the door. The chilly and crisp morning air turned his pale face slightly pink.

"Oh hello, Alfie dear! Headed off to your fancy overseas school, are you? " Their elderly neighbor, Mrs. Blaine, greeted them from her porch.

"Good morning Mrs. Blaine! I'll be back for Christmas so I won't be gone long!" Alfie replied.

"Please remember to write, Alfie. Your parents and l will miss you very much." Mrs. Blaine with a sad smile.

"Of course, Mrs. Blaine. I'll miss you too and I'll be sure to write every now and then!" Alfie smiled. Mrs. Blaine, though childless, had been a nurturing presence in Alfie's life during his childhood, often looking after him when his parents were at work. He considered her like a second mother.

"I'll see you later tonight after work, Mrs. Blaine! I have to get this one to school. We're about to miss the train." Alfie's mother bid farewell to Mrs. Blaine with a grateful nod, then took her son's arm and briskly led him towards the train station just a few blocks away.

--Kings Cross Station--

As soon as they stepped off the train into Kings Cross Station, his mother swept him into a big embrace. "I'll miss you, my sweet boy. Please write soon." Her voice was shaky and her blue eyes were dotted with tears.

"I'll miss you too, Mother. I won't be gone for long."

"Take care of yourself. Make sure you eat well and that you're studying and getting to bed on time and ---"

Alfie interrupted her and pulled back from their embrace to face her.

"Mum, I'm not a child anymore. I'm going to be fine."

She let out a sigh as she cupped his face into her hands. "You've grown so much since you were away last year, and I just can't help but feel like I'm missing my little boy grow into a man."

Alfie's heart began to ache as he felt lucky to have such caring parents, and part of him wished he didn't have to leave so soon.

She wiped away her tears. "Well, I better get going. I'll be late for work so I can't dawdle any longer. Please write to us soon. I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Mum. I'll be home soon, okay?" Alfie replied with a gentle smile, reassuring his mother as he hugged her tightly before letting her go.

She gave him one final nod and quickly turned away, trying to hide the tears that were forming once again.