* ˚ ✦Chapter 4: Above and Beyond Different Worlds˚✦

Start from the beginning

Kel burst out cackling but Hero shot him a dirty look. Kel groaned and stepped forward to help her. He grabbed on both her arms and started to pull her out of the door. But as Kel and Hero tried pulling Aubrey out from the door, Omori started shaking. He could have flashbacks of some sort, quite familiar ones.

"I don't understand..."

"Why would you do that?!"

"Let go, I'm going to-"

Then the sound of the stairs...

"WAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUP," Omori snapped back to reality, realizing Aubrey shook him back and forth to awaken him. "You've been out for a minute or two," Hero told Omori. Omori gathered himself and stood from the grass. "I'm fine, let's keep moving."

The four journeyed around the dream world. They entered a park, where they saw the purple sky clearer, and where everyone else was. They looked at a space on the grass where a lady and little cyan boy were sitting on a perfectly-laid picnic blanket. The girl had skin as white as snow, long purple hair, and clothing that looked like a school girl's style. The boy had short cyan hair decorated with a flower crown and a light green shirt overlaid with a blue jumper. They were Mari and Basil.

"Mari! There you are," Hero called to them. Mari giggled while Basil's eyes watered. "How could you forget me, Hero?" Basil asked. The gang all chuckled at Basil's comment.

"Now, now, Basil," Hero jokingly lectured, "ladies first!" Basil nodded with his ever-so gentle smile. Omori was closest to Basil aside from his sister. "Hey, Omori! H-how have you been doing?" The flower boy looked at Omori as he placed himself beside him. Omori nodded as a response, though he had a slight grin on his face. Omori, Basil, Aubrey, and Kel all sat down and stared as Mari and Hero constantly flirted with each other. Well, mostly Mari anyway.

"Would you look at those two? What a hindrance!" Kel complained. "I don't know, I find them quite cute," Basil gushed. But Aubrey sat closer to Kel to tease him. "Are you sure, Kelsey? Wud if a perfect gurl comes to your lifey?" She joked with a pitiful look on her face. Kel gestured to slap Aubrey, but she stepped away from him. "Shut it, man! I-I'm not jealous or anything..." Kel crossed his arms.

The four just sat quiet, looking at each other, then back at Mari and Hero.

"You know," Aubrey started, "I know it's a bit disgusting for you boys. But what if some of us find love in our friend group right now?"

Awkward silence once again.

"Uh..." Aubrey continued, "You know, the most unexpected pairs could happen."

"Aren't we too young to be thinking about this kind of stuff?" Kel questioned. Aubrey scoffed and looked away, crossing her arms. "Hmph!" Both Aubrey and Kel exclaimed.

Mari and Hero stopped their love fest to notice they left the younger ones out in their conversation. "Oops! I'm really sorry, guys!" Mari giggled as she placed her hand on Hero's shoulder. "We're continuing this later, mister." Hero sat beside his brother, Kel, and tried feeding him a sandwich. Aubrey and Mari were having their own conversation. So that left Omori and Basil to have their own time again. "So, Omori," Basil struck the conversation as always, "do you like the sound of the breeze?" Omori looked up at the sky and smiled. "Yeah, it's quite fresh." Basil returned the smile.

"What other sounds ease you?"

"Hmm..."

"N-no need to be shy, hehe."

"...I enjoy the sounds of my computer."

"Ooh, nice."

"You?"

"M-me? Well... I like the sound of rain pouring down..."

"Hm, okay."

"..."

"..."

"Haha, tell me, what other sounds have you been hearing?"

"Hmm... I heard the birds sing, the leaves of your plants rustling, the sound of..."

The stairs.

"Ah..." Omori's head hurt like something just hit his head really hard. "A-are you okay, Omori? You look bothered...!" Basil examined what was happening with him. He couldn't tell, all he knew was that he was hurting.

"I..." Omori grabbed onto his head really harshly. Mari rushed to him and held him. "Omori! Are you with us? Can you hear me?" Omori shoved his sister out of the way and screamed, still grabbing onto his head. Even more blood started to flow from his head down to his socks. All he could feel were harmful flashes in his head showing the stairs... and Mari.

"What are these...? I don't remember this happening..." His blood formed five monsters right in front of him. "Omori... stay still."

The disturbing images just repeated in his head. The monsters even started coming closer to him, their gigantic blood red hands trying to grab onto him. But Omori collapsed again.

"!ɘɔɒqꙅɘƚiʜW oƚ ɘmoɔ|ɘW"

</3

Omori was back in his room in Whitespace again. All he could hear were the sounds of a heart beating slowly. But it went faster... and faster... and faster. The tension grew each time his heart beat. He realized he was carrying... a knife. A shiny one. Ready to be used.

What else could he do? What would he want to do? The disturbing images started to flash harmfully in his head each time his heart beat. And the red hands were facing him... Coming closer. Why was everything targeting him? What does he have that they all want so bad?

Or was it something he did?

"I can't... I can't take it... It hurts..."

Slit.

Aaaand he stabbed himself with the knife. It felt funny, hehe... Though it was sharp and painful, now everything hurt less. All he could see was the color black. Until he woke up.

Huh, it was his turn to wake up now I guess.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚‗ ❍⋆.ೃ࿔*:・*:・゚✧*:・☄. *. ⋆

Word Count: 1478 Words

A/N

Hmm I like writing Author notes,,,,

I hope the story's okay lmaooo, I know it's not romantic or exciting, but it's psychological horror I guess.. woohoo for those who enjoy this kind of genre ;v;

Aghh I update really slow, can we blame math?

Yeah that would sound greattt