two

TWO
bloody touch

─────────

𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑, as e/c eyes watched the group of men who laid on the ground, their souls ceasing to exist.

the hands of aza chōbei were stained with their blood, warm red that itched at the back of his mind.

those men challenged him to a duel, so it was only normal for the bandit to accept such challenges that would prove his strength.

so when he looked at you who have gotten used to how violent the older aza was, he felt the need to wash his hands immediately. his clothes were stained with blood, and he felt the need to switch them out for newer ones.

you remained stoic in your spot, right by tōma who slightly frowned at how sadistic his own brother is sometimes. the way your eyes bore into chōbei's sometimes gives him the initial fear that you might just see him in a fearful and different way than the usual gaze that you always gave him.

but there was never once where you viewed him differently from others.

it might just be a temporary façade that you put on to not reveal any excitement for his beating and proving others wrongly, but it was what tōma recommended was best for you.

tōma knew just how much of a supporter you are for his brother, and he wouldn't want his brother's pride to grow just for the mere reason of that.

just when chōbei wanted to grab a cup to wash his hands off, you stopped his bloody hands and set the cup down. he remained silent, watching as you took our your clean handkerchief and slowly wiped his hands.

you couldn't care if his hands were stained with the blood of others if it was dirty. his hands will always remain something that made you feel safe the moment he carried you in his arms.

gentle and kind with your touch, the male felt some warmth around his cheeks. a field of roses have grown on his face, where he tried his hardest to contain that fuzzy little feeling in him.

your fingers now stained red too, chōbei took the cup again and poured water on your hands. he wiped the smudged blood that you obtained from him and tossed the cup aside when all water had finished cleaning you off.

"i don't want to get your skin dirty," said the male as he took the handkerchief, tossing it away. "i'll get you new ones. keep your hands off of dirty things."

"but—"

"no buts. we get out of here and get you new handkerchiefs, come. tōma, let's go." chōbei said and grabbed your hand, walking away from the scene where tōma's obsidian eyes watched every of it, a sigh escaping from his lips.

it doesn't feel warm to thirdwheel his brother and his brother's crush.