The Thief and the Wizard, Whom is the Culprit

Within a little town called Tarshir, Leo and Rain arrived at the front gates, which were open. In the town were townsfolk bustling about from shop to shop, going in and out of bars, libraries, houses and a school. Leo and Rain stopped at a nearby by trough to tie up the horses.

     "Let's go on foot." said Rain, climbing off his horse and tying it to the post.

     After Leo tied his horse to the post he and Rain headed for the bar to see if anyone could tell them about the scholar. But on their way there an elder looking man in a hooded cloak walked between them, bumping into Rain.

     "Sorry about that." said Rain, as the elder looking man walked off "Wait a minute."

     Rain looked down at the bag on his belt, and felt that it was now empty.

     "He just stole the pendant." said Rain.

     "After him!" said Leo, starting the chase after the young man, now without the cloak.

     The man, after placing the pendant in his pocket, ran through the nearest alley as Leo and Rain followed far behind. In the back of the buildings the thief climbed quickly up the nearest ladder, leading to the top of the wall and pulling the ladder up so Rain and Leo could not climb up.

     "Where is he?" huffed Rain, looking around the back alleyway.

     "Up there." said Leo, pointing to the top of the wall, that the thief was running along.

     "Now what do we do?" asked Rain.

     Leo, noticing the back of one of the houses nearby, saw that the house's chimney was close to the wall. Leo ran to the chimney and hopped on the side of it, jumping off of the wall and jumping from wall to chimney to get up on wall.

     "Stop thief!" shouted Leo, starting his chase after the thief.

The looked back to see Leo running after him and began running faster. Rain followed from down below, jumping over fences to get to the wall. The thief ran through the doorway of the corner tower as Leo ran in close behind.

"Ha!" shouted Leo, coming through the other side of the tower, but with no thief in sight.

"There!" yelled Rain, spotting the thief coming out of the same doorway he went through.

Leo turned around and began chasing the thief the other way.

"Oh for..." complained Rain, turning back around to jump over the fences he just jumped over.

At the corner tower on the end the thief held up his hand with the pendant in it, throwing it to someone who had been standing on top of the tower the whole time.

"Huh?" said Leo, stopping to look at the tall, robed turtle-like creature with a wizard hat, twirling the pendant he caught in his fingers "Give that back!"

     "Hmm." the turtle thought "I think I might keep it actually."

     Before Rain or Leo could do or say anything the turtle disappeared in a cloud of smoke, along with the other thief.

_______________________

     "I can't we lost it." sighed Leo, taking a drink of his ale.

     "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find that guy again." Rain assured.

     "You don't understand, there's something about that pendant. Something important. I just know it."