•Dancing with the devil•

•June•

An entire month has passed and in that time Pete gets an overdose of PDA (Public Display of Affection). If it was anyone else being all lovey-dovey in front of others Pete wouldn't have really cared, wouldn't even bat an eye. But that's just it, it wasn't just any random person he'd never see again for the rest of his life. No, it was anything but that. He didn't think keeping an eye out for a fed he's only met a handful of times would hurt this much.

He watched Patrick be happy with his boyfriend, watched them hold hands, and practically skip through a field of daises together. He wasn't stalking them, it just so happened that everywhere he went Patrick was around. Almost like he was purposely showing up to rub it in his face that he's happy with someone that isn't him.

That ache in his chest and the swarm of butterflies in his stomach could mean two things. One: He's jealous, or two: he has a crush. But this appeared to be both of those things. He shouldn't be crushing on a federal agent, Pete's a criminal, they're like natural born enemies. Patrick wants nothing to do with Pete other than lock him up forever, but Pete still had that sliver of hope lingering deep down.

He's also been pretty good at keeping Patrick away from the Emo Mafia and steering him toward Blurryface. That's his biggest competition and if Patrick takes them down, then EM can take over the lost territory and spread their business even further. So basically, Patrick's got nothing on the Mafia and Pete would really like to keep it that way.

With all this observing that he's done, Pete's found out a few other things. Things that soothe his heartache and subsides the butterflies. He's seen how Patrick interacts with his boyfriend -Brendon, as Pete learned from Trav- and discovered something interesting. Their chemistry was all weird and out of sync.

As in, Brendon was head over heels in love, and Patrick...wasn't.

His eyes didn't light up like Brendon's did when they looked at each other, his smile never reached his eyes as Brendon smiled his brightest. When they kissed it's was just...empty. Or was more like a kiss you give your mother; it shows you love them but in a friendly manner rather than romantically. Everything just seemed so one-sided with them, Brendon was putting in effort but Patrick seemed like he didn't care or ever cared in the first place.

It's kind of fucked up but it doesn't matter to Pete. He doesn't feel like a jealous not-boyfriend anymore because of this discovery, but now he wondered why Patrick was so dull around Brendon. Or maybe Pete was just reading this all wrong. But his gut told him that he was right, he'll just have to prove it.

***

Patrick is leaving his job one evening after having to do yet another lineup. They were petty criminals who stole a TV and some guy's wallet, so it wasn't that big a deal. The whitness pointed out three guys, the men were taken away, patrick drank more ass-coffee, then left.

He was just about to unlock his car door when he was pushed up against it. Someone was behind him breathing softly down his neck, causing Patrick to shiver, with their hands firmly against his hips. Patrick doesn't recognize who it is until they speak.

"Hey, Red." He purrs directly into the younger man's ear. Patrick can hear the smile in his voice. "I missed hearin' your sweet voice. We should talk more."

"I don't see that happening." Patrick tries to speak evenly but the feeling of Pete pressed up against him like this was making him breathless.

"But it already is. We're talkin', aren't we?"

Patrick doesn't respond, instead gulping down the lump in his throat. If he refuses to speak any further then fine, Pete will do the talking.

"You're so pretty," He leans down and presses his lips to Patrick's neck and the man nearly lets a moan slip. This is not happening, Pete is not turning him on, and he is definitely not leaning back into his chest. Nope, he's not doing that...damn, what the hell is he doing?

"I wish you were mine, Patty." Pete whispers.

"You don't seem like the commitment type." Patrick slides his eyelids shut, engulfed in the feeling of Pete. "I just appeal to your eye and nothing else."

"You appeal to a lot more than that, doll." He chuckles, turning Patrick around to face him and replacing his hands on his hips, holding them down against the car door. "Although, I do like lookin' at you."

Patrick licks his lips, mouth suddenly dry. "What do you want from me?"

"Thought that'd be obvious by now." He smirks.

"What, get rid of me, or fuck me like some cheap whore?"

"Neither. I wanna keep you around for as long as possible, Patty-boy. And, no, I don't wanna just fuck you. You deserve more than the one-and-done treatment."

Patrick furrows his brow in confusion, is Pete confessing his love or something? Or is he just fucking with him? Well whatever he's doing, it's really doing things to him. His heart beat quickened and his stomach was swirling, Patrick both hated and liked it. Hated and liked Pete.

"'Tricky, baby," Pete murmurs, his face as serious as a heart attack. "I'd take my time with you, Red. Nice and slow." He takes his index finger and gently runs it along Patrick's jawline, stopping momentarily at his chin as to graze his thumb over his bottom lip. Patrick is completely frozen.

"I'd kiss you all over," Pete continues, purring smoothly into Patrick's ear. "until every inch of your skin is tinglin' with the sensation of my lips. I'd feel all around you just to find your weak points, so I can press every last button and find out what makes you squirm. What makes you moan. What makes you cry out for me, beg for me, twist your fists in the sheets. I'd give you my all while you writhe beneath me, diggin' your nails into my back until I bleed, paralyzed in too much ecstasy to care. God, Patrick, I'd turn you inside out." He growls out the last sentence then nips hard at Patrick's earlobe, sending a mixed wave of pain and pleasure down Patrick's spine. He gasps at the feeling, a warm sensation pooling in his belly. Patrick's not sure if it's butterflies or arousal, or possibly both.

Pete slowly backs away from Patrick to face the man before him and looks him over, smiling while he seductively bit his lip. Then he whispers, "The things I would do to you." before turning on his heel and walking away, leaving Patrick standing against the car with wide eyes, unsteady breathing, and his own erection pressing painfully against his zipper.

That silver-tongued devil.

---------------
A/N: I'm really into this story guys, which is why I've been updating this so much lately �