❣︎ ☾ - don't get caught.

A/N: this was so fun to write lol.
Also, TYSM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! this book is close to 100 votes and I'm so honored!! :,)
[Btw: I think this is the longest chapter I've written yet, hopefully it isn't tedious and you still enjoy reading it! :)]

The moon shone bright in the sky, casting a soft glow over everything in its path.

Octavius set small, but firm steps as he passed block after block of the small city.

The night was quiet, broken only by the distant sound of a passing car or the rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze.
It was as if the entire world was holding its breath, waiting for something exciting to happen.

However for Octavius, there was no need for excitement or drama.
To walk in peace during the night was enough to calm his soul.
It was a moment of solitude—of being alone with his own thoughts and his own company, even if just for a little while.

The air was cool and refreshing, the gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of blooming flowers to his nose.

The surroundings were calm and soothing; Octavius took the time to soak it all in, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to do next.

Octavius let out a nervous breath as he approached the neon LED lights.
The lights adorned the entrance—glowing brightly and casting a reflection of the blue light onto the sidewalk.

The name of the club wasn't even readable for him due to its awful handwriting, however he didn't even care.

He hesitated for a moment and took a deep breath before stepping closer to the entrance.

He approached the bouncer, a feeling of nervousness creeped up.
His throat felt itchy as he searched for his ID in his pocket.
Would he meet the dress code?
Would they let him in?
What if his ID suddenly turns out to be faulty?

He was even about to start panicking since he felt like he couldn't find it in his pockets.
However, as he finally felt it on his fingertips, he fished it out.

Octavius could hear the pounding bass of the music pour out of the doors as he handed his card over to the bouncer.
The man quickly looked over it and gave him a nod.

With stepping inside, the heat and noise of the club hit Octavius like a wave.
The air was thick with the scent of sweat, perfume, and alcohol, creating an intoxicating atmosphere.

People danced, drank, chatted.
The lights flashed, the music blasted out the speakers.

Octavius wasn't sure what he was searching for.
He tried to convince himself that he was here for relaxation, drinking and a quick way to make the time fly by faster.
But he knew damn well what he was here for.
In the back of his mind, he knew—he knew what hope lingered in his head.

Jedediah.

His friend—Jedediah—often spends his time here.
So, like a totally normal human being would do, he decides to not just simply text his friend, but instead try his luck in finding him in a club 'on accident'.

Very smart and very practical, indeed.

For a moment, Octavius froze, unsure of what to do next.
But then, he took a deep breath and made his way to find the bar.

As he made his way towards the bar, he couldn't help but feel self-conscious.
Everyone around him seemed to be having a good time, laughing and dancing without a care in the world.
Meanwhile, he was just feeling awkward and out of place.