30: Allowed.

Nabi couldn't believe her eyes

Nabi couldn't believe her eyes. Jeno was sitting down on the ground with his chin covered in blood. As soon as he saw his sister running over to him, he let out an annoyed sigh and yelled "Bro, what the fuck? You were supposed to bring me something for this!"

"Sorry, I had to tell her, Jeno."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" she hit his arm. "Why would you want to hide this from me?!"

"Because you're overreacting, Nabi. I'm fine."

She scoffed, kneeling down to her brother. "Definitely, completely fine." she lifted his chin with her finger to which Jeno immediately hissed. She let out a deep sigh as tears filled her eyes, because she was about to ask what exactly happened, and she was afraid to know the truth.

"I found out that he did go to see mom and beg for money and she did give it to him. She hid it from both of us, Nabi. And today he was supposed to come back for more which she also wanted to give him, but I wasn't going to let that happen." he took a deep breath and continued. "So, before he could step foot in our house again, I went out to meet him halfway. That asshole already knew that I know and smirked with that ugly face of his. One thing led to another and I pushed him,"

Nabi's heart began to beat faster. "And then he hit me."
A tear rolled down the girl's cheek. The fact that he was their father yet so different than they were was something she couldn't understand. He was heartless, cruel and selfish. He always only cared about money and never abused them physically, until now. That made Nabi hate his guts even more and she was about to do anything in her power to make that man disappear from their lives forever.

Jeno suddenly put his hand on Nabi's upon seeing her worried expression and tears streaming down her face - something he wanted to avoid but Xiaojun had a different plan on how to work this out.
Nabi didn't say a word and just wrapped her arms around Jeno, hugging him tightly but making sure she wasn't hurting his face while doing so. The boy smiled softly and patted her back until they separated and she took a closer look at the cut lip and already bruised chin and cheek. "Our private nurse isn't with us right now but-"

"No, don't. Don't tell her. At least not now, I don't want to worry her, she has that exam tomorrow."

A smile couldn't not find its way onto the girl's lips after hearing how sweet of a boyfriend her brother turned out to be. "Fine, but she'll kill me when she finds out I hid it from her."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that." he smiled. His eyes finally met Xiaojun and he sent him an annoyed glance to which the older had just waved his hand.

"Alright, um-" Xiaojun checked something on his phone "I should get going. You guys got this?"

They nodded. "Thanks for getting me." Nabi smiled softly, not feeling any type of anger towards the boy anymore. Maybe - or definitely - because she was finally completely over it, all thanks to finding love again. And a true one this time.