Reunited at Last

(A/N: This story made me cry so beware!!!!!!)

(WARNING: This story contains slight Chapter 1 spoilers!)

Whit's POV:

I did it. Or I had done it, at least.

I had made it through an entire killing show without even dying. I had been really happy to make it out with my best friend, Charles, who I had really bonded with throughout the show.

You might wondering why I'm emphasizing the word, "had?" Well, after we had been together as friends, he just... disappeared.

6 months ago, I asked him for his number so we could keep in contact with each other, since we were the only two who survived the killing game. All he did was nod, then he just... left. No staying around, no anything at all!

I've been texting him for far too many months and he still hasn't responded to anything. It's been hurting my feelings. About 3 months back when I tried to mail him a letter, I figured out that he lived in a mansion only several miles away, so I was able to bring it to the mansion and knock on the door. For that first time, I had gotten to see his face, but all he did was take a small glimpse at me and slam the door in my face. He just really... didn't want to be around me. It was...heartbreaking.

But today, I'm going to make that change

As I kept driving, I could see myself approaching the mansion. Its red stained glass windows shined appealingly, but the mansion itself looked almost completely abandoned. Sighing, I hopped out of my car, went up the steps, and knocked on the door.

...

...

The door creaked open, "Oh, speak of the devil. What do you want?" Charles glared at me intensely, not immediately reaching out to close the door. 

Good sign, I suppose? 

"I'm here to hang out with you, duh!" I laughed. Charles rolled his eyes, but as he was grabbing the doorknob to close the door, he failed to realize that I had grabbed onto it as well! I yanked the door outward quickly, which caused Charles to stumble slightly, and made him unable to close the door.

"You are NOT leaving me again, Charles!!"

Charles' POV:

Whit's surprising aggression and pull surprised me, but I wasn't going to let it deter me. With a grumble, I kept tugging inward to close the door, but Whit was refusing to let me go.

Of course that idiot doesn't know better.

 "Are you that desperate? Just... get out already!" I jerked the doorknob inward to try and cause Whit to let go. Whit had a much bigger stumble than I did, but he still held on tightly despite his clearly fading strength. "No! P-please... don't leave me here..." Whit groaned, desperately trying pulling the door outward. I narrowed my eyes, readying myself to do another hard jerk, but before I could...

"W-What happened to our, "chemistry" Charles? We used to be best buddies, and now we're not. I defended you in trial and everything. Why'd you j-j-just leave me? It's only m-me and you left. W-What are we going to do...?" Whit shouted weakly, meeting my eyes with a sad expression. 

I took my hands off the doorknob, shaking helplessly as old memories of the killing game flooded into my head.

Defenseless and pathetic, nothing but a fool on display.