"Dope, well it looks like we'll be here a while so go ahead and play it two sets of ears are better than one right,"

Shuri nodded in agreement as the audio started up again. It was just the two of them in the lab this early in the morning which was preferred so that there wasn't much noise.

'You're lucky I like you Riri, I wouldn't take this kind of treatment from anyone else,'

Riri's facial expressions were stoic listening to these conversations back right next to Shuri. It was knowing that one hundred and ninety-three other countries heard the same thing had her more disturbed. Also, neither of the women commented on the conversations not wanting to miss anything of critical importance.

Riri thought she would feel embarrassed hearing these audios but she was so focused on what was being said and glancing at Shuri she was mirroring Riri's actions the same her emotions were not visible in the slightest which Riri was fine with.

'You don't have to say anything, after everything that you did for Wakanda I don't see a reason why you can't make this your home away from home,'

"You know I meant that right?"

Riri turned her head hearing Shuri's voice and she softly smiled as she realized that she was commenting on the audio

"Yeah, I know Shuri," Riri said with a small smile

'I need to record some samples of the new heart-shaped herb seedlings I need to make sure they won't corrupt the already existing plantlife,'

Shit.

At this audio, Riri looked up in concern, completely forgetting that this day that Shuri and herself ran tests with the heart-shaped herb. Riri could sense Shuri's nerves next to her; this was something that could be bad.

"Do you remember what we said?" Riri asked her voice coming out shakily

"No, but we'll find out shortly,"

'So you're telling me I can't have even a little bit of the herb I'm kind of jealous of all your strength,'

Riri listened intently as her voice from the audio filled the lab as she remembered the conversation as clear as day

~ ~

Shuri laughed next to Riri as she continued to extract some samples from the new seedlings while putting the extracted substance into a flask as she swirled it around.

"That's exactly what I'm telling you the herb would probably kill you if I'm being honest,"

Riri huffed slightly and tilted her head while she wrote down some data that Griot was pulling up on the screen. Shuri must have seen her playful frustration as she explained further

"The reason is that the only people that can harness the power of the Black Panther have to come from the bloodline of Bashenga. He started the royal bloodline when he united the five tribes together,"

Riri was shocked to hear about the history of the Black Panther. She was unaware of the historical backstory of the Wakandan people and she grinned brightly knowing that Shuri shared this with her.

"Ah, it was worth a shot right we both can't be insanely strong,"

Shuri shook her head as she simply smiled focusing on her task "I need your eyes on the paper in front of you Riri, Griot is giving you some good measurements,"

Riri didn't realize that she was staring so intensely at Shuri until she was called out. "You got it, Princess,"

~ ~