|00|

Maxine Baxter had lived her golden years in the early eighties.

Her golden life consisted of her following her dreams of becoming a ballerina and performing in New York one day where the lights would shine down on her. It didn't matter to her that she had won prom queen her senior year or that her older brother barely came to her performances in favor of becoming the new prized deputy at the sheriff's department.

Maxine Baxter had it all. She had an acceptance letter to the best ballet school in the country and she would be leaving Split River High School behind her.

She had never realized that her hopes and dreams would be the one thing to end her golden years in a flash of blood and tears.

In the Spring of 1981, Maxine Baxter watched with sorrowful eyes as her older brother was called to the scene of her death. She watched him get shaken by the sight of the blood dripping from the locker that she had been shoved into and the way that her broken body had fallen at his feet.

1981 was the year Maxine Baxter lost it all and became one of the lost souls that was trapped in Split River High School.

1983 was the year that Rhonda had decided to drag her to the homecoming game to watch the dancers in hope that it would cheer her up, but she was sadly mistaken as it would be the year that Wally Clark joined their ranks of the undead.

It had been one moment, his body slamming back against the field that would change Maxine Baxter's afterlife forever. They were doomed to live day after day not being seen by the living, but Wally Clark saw Maxine Baxter when he was alive and still believed that she was the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen.

Year after year they were doomed to sit and wallow in their afterlife, watching as the living grew older and they stayed firmly eighteen. She watched girls flaunt themselves in the school hallways to get the attention of boys who would never treat them right. She watched teacher gossip about who was sleeping with who and how they could throw them together in classes.

She watched it all until her nephew was finally old enough to step into the school and then she followed him. It had been a punch in the gut to see Xavier Baxter for the first time because it was like looking at her older brother in his glory days before he became a shell of his former self. She followed him, hoping to catch the smallest hint that he could sense that she was there watching over him but he never could.

She watched him date Madison Nears and promptly destroy her trust by making time for the pretty cheerleader that never had given him the time of day before he was taken. She watched him and waited, hoping that the last remainder of her family would be safe, but that would never be the case for Split River High School.

Her nephew was accused of murdering the very girl that now sat across from her in their daily group sessions and she could feel her rage at the fact that the girl wanted nothing more than to prove that he was a murderer.

Maxine Baxter was living in an eternal nightmare and Madison Nears had shaken up her monotonous afterlife. Madison Nears was the worst person in the world for accusing her nephew of murder but she was the best thing in the world because she was the catalyst that finally pushed Wally Clark and Maxine Baxter together to realize their feelings for each other that had been growing for decades.

EMILY RUDD AS MAXINE BAKER

DISCLAIMER: I do not own School Spirits

DISCLAIMER: I do not own School Spirits. Anything familiar belongs to the writers and Paramount. I only claim Maxine.