Chapter 8

The last time Ben came to Revonnah was only a small trip, and it was also an emergency sort of trip, against the Incursions before the sudden peace treaty. While he left on good terms with Rook's family, he was feeling somewhat guilty for coming once more without any advance notice. Plus, even though he had not used the Omnitrix for a bit, he was starting to feel a bit tired. He started couching a bit when Revonnah was in sight. That made the others even more concerned.

Ben could remember the Rook family coming over when they landed, and when they saw Ben with those cracks forming on his face and Rook explaining that Ben is somewhat sick, Rook Da allowed the group to stay for the night while Rook and Kevin repaired the ship. 

"I'm not that sick!" Ben argued. However, just as he said that, he suddenly fell on his butt. Turns out that his legs were feeling like jelly at the moment, like his energy was being drained from his body. He didn't tell that to the others though, even when Ben covered his coughs, as it was just him having trouble walking or even standing at the moment.

At the moment, Shar, Rook Ben, and Tippi were with Ben as he laid on a futon like cushion. He felt his head burn a bit more, even with a wet rag on his forehead.

"So you cannot change into any alien forms right now?" Rook Ben asked.

"Sorry Ben, I would love to, but I can't in this condition." 

Rook Ben looked a little disappointed, but seeing the tired look on Ben's face made him not pester about that later on. However, Ben didn't like that kind of face on a child.

"Hey don't look so sad. I bet I can still share some tales of my past adventures, maybe during the times I was your age," Ben said. That brought back Rook Ben's excitement, but that idea did not make Tippi happy at all.

"Ben, you look like you're about to collapse at any minute. Are you sure you can even do anything right now?" Tippi asked.

"You bit Kevin's hand when you first woke up and didn't like it when we stole an object you stole youself, but now, you've been acting like Shar's role model ever since." Ben said. That got Tippi to cringe while Shar giggled at that memory. "Maybe Eunice was right about you being a..."

BEN

Ben raised his head as he looked around to find the source of what he just heard. "Do you hear something?" Ben immediately asked.

Tippi looked around as she raised her head bit as if getting her ear higher to make better use of its function. "I don't hear anything."

Ben looked around the area one last time as he kept up with the group. He knew he heard something calling out his name, but thinking about the voice again, it was one he had small recollection of. "Oh, great. Now I'm going crazy!"

"That is not true," Rook Ben said. "It is like she has said. You stay in bed, you are definitely ill."

"And you don't need to be worrying about anything," Tippi said. However, when she looked to Ben, her face changed to more of fear. "Cause I'm more worried about your eye."

"You are one to talk." Shar muttered under her breath, yet it was heard enough. 

"What are you two talking about?" Ben asked.

It was Rook Ben that shouted in a way that made it loud from the top of his lungs. "Ben, your left eye! And your hair!"

Seeing the fear in his friends, Ben pulled out the pocket mirror and checked himself. His own left eye showed no iris, pupil, and sclera, as it was only a lime green color. And the cracks have now gone to his forehead, and affecting his hair that started turning green right just now.

His stomach felt like churning at the sudden growth of the markings. Whatever the Omnitrix was doing to him, it felt worse by the minute. As much as everyone was helping him rest, he wanted this nightmare to be over.

By the time everyone was finally in the house, it was night. Kevin and Gwen said that they would leave first thing in the morning. However, the moment Rook noticed the lock of green in Ben's hair, that got him very very worried.

"Ben, are you...?" Rook asked. He was close to finishing the question, but Ben quickly answered.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Just feel a little woozy."

Ben wished that it was just that

Ben wished that it was just that. His body felt a little heavy even after getting water in his system. It wasn't that he felt hot, it was more like he was even more tired in a non-fatal kind of tired. Just that he would very like to sleep a bit. 

Dinner was already out and Ben felt super hungry when he saw all the food out on the table. He could even feel saliva form in his mouth as he was ready to eat, but since he was still having trouble moving a bit, Rook was there with him to help with getting his meal. 

"Seconds, please."

"How in the world did you eat that fast?!"

Of course, dinner drama would occur anyway. Tippi had just started gathering more food after suddenly finishing her plate somehow, and Gwen was doing her best to stop the girl. Ben was simply eating, even though this was Amber Ogia he was eating. It was better than starving actually, not to mention that it was even more tasty than he last remember having it.

"Thirds, please."

"Tippi, stop eating so fast and save some for everyone else!"

Ben could not stop himself from smiling at the dinner fiasco in front of him, as he did his best eating despite still feeling tired. Despite this, the fact that Ben was not with the others at the table was sad. As Ben was able to finish his plate, that was when he wanted to put them away himself.

But just as he was able to get up from the futon and move, he felt his heart jolt from the inside and lost the colors in his sight. Soon, he could only see darkness, though he did hear something before his other senses shut down.

"Ben!"