001.

It was a few days later, and Adeline hadn't really spoken to the new girl properly yet. But in the short time that Wednesday had been here, word had gone around that she had challenged Bianca Barclay in fencing, almost died to a falling gargoyle, befriended a hand, and beat up three 'normie' bullies. And that probably was only a fraction of it.

It was evening, a bright full moon casting a cold light over the school, stars littering the navy sky.

Wednesday's cello playing could be heard across the entirety of the grounds, and it was particularly loud for Adeline, who was in the dorm next to hers. The song was played gracefully, and it was played well, with no mistakes whatsoever.

Adeline had decided she would go and say hello, attempting to be a "friendly neighbour", or whatever Principal Weems had said to her. So she stepped out onto her balcony and jumped across to Wednesday's, hiding behind a pillar. It was a big jump, really, but Adeline's enhanced cat-like movement allowed her to do it with ease. She waited until Wednesday had finished her piece, and then appeared out of the shadows, giving a short applause.

'It's pretty rare to find musicians here. Not many people appreciate it.'

She smiled, holding out her hand.

'I'm Adeline. Adeline Black. I didn't get to properly introduce myself to you a few days ago.'

'Wednesday. Addams.' The dark-haired girl replied, gingerly taking Adeline's hand and giving it a shake.

'When we first met, how did you know I was behind Enid?'

Adeline's eyes widened for a second, it was because of her brilliant sense of smell due to being a were-jaguar, and when she detected a scent of death and bitterness mixed with coffee, she knew that couldn't be Enid.

'Lucky guess.' She said, shrugging her shoulders.

Wednesday was about to speak, seeming unconvinced, when Enid came through the door in the window, her eyes on Wednesday and her instrument.

'How the hell did you get that oversized violin out the window?'

'It's a cello, Enid.' Adeline whispered loudly.

'Whatever.' She retorted, not bothered.

'I had an extra hand,' Wednesday explained in answer to Enid's question, looking imperceptibly impressed at Adeline. A hand, quite literally, was gripping the sheet music as it turned the pages.

'Whoa. Where's the rest of him?'

'It's one of the great Addams family mysteries.'

Enid looked at Adeline suddenly, confused. 'How did you get here?'

'I- erm. I jumped across. It's not.. too far.'

Before Enid could ask some kind of question that would totally blow Adeline's cover, Wednesday heard the howls in the distance and stared at Enid. 'Why aren't you wolfing out?'

'Because I can't.' Enid unsheathed her claws. 'It's all I got. My mom says some wolves are late bloomers, but I've been to the best Lycanologist. I had to fly to Milwaukee, would you believe it? Yeah, she says there's a chance I may never... you know.'

'What happens then?'

'I'd become a lone wolf.'

'Sounds perfect.'

Adeline gave the dark-haired girl a glare. 'Aren't you wonderful at comforting people.' She said sarcastically.

Enid looked down sadly. 'Are you kidding me? My life would be officially over. I'd be kicked out of my family pack with no prospect of finding a mate.'