𝐎𝟏. 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄

━━・ ❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

━━・ ❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

P E N T O S,
V  I  S  E  R  Y  A 

  FROSTY, PALE BLUE EYES overlooked a terrace and stared out into the skyline. She had been living on the land for nearly a year, yet Viserya still found Pentos as beautiful as the day she had first seen it. Whether during the hour of the bat, when the moon shone the brightest, or in the middle of a day, such as this one, Pentos seemed to glisten with wealth and opulence— at least, within the confines Viserya had the grace to live in, courtesy of Illyrio.

  Pentos was indeed beautiful, it was well known. But if Viserya hadn't longed for the home she could remember little about, the one she only heard great tales of, she might have found solace in the sight of the city.

  " Vi!"

  Flinching slightly at the sharpness of her shrilling brother's voice, Viserya remained where she stood as she waited for Viserys to approach her, and he did exactly so, striding over towards her with something wrapped around his arms. Catching her peripheral, Viserys smiled, the same one that was always directed towards her when Viserys wanted something, and walked over to her.

  " Viserya, my beautiful sister! There's our bride-to-be!" Vi moves from her spot in the sun to meet her brother, leaving the balcony and approaching him only out of curiosity to know what it was he held in his arms. " A gift from Illyrio, for the wedding."

  There was a dress made of fine silk in his arms, the color as light as the pale, pink tint on her cheeks, and the thought of knowing it had probably cost more to make than anything she has ever worn in her life overruled any questions Viserya may have had to Illyrio's true intentions.

  Vi's thought was pushed aside when she realized that Viserys had held out the dress for her. " Touch it," he demands his sister. " Come on. Feel the fabric," he insisted, seeming more ecstatic than her about the whole situation, and of course he'd be. He was the one who was going to benefit from it all.

  The girl demanded, and doing so, Vi discovered that the dress was just as soft as she hoped it would be, and she finds herself smiling softly. There was little to enjoy as of late but she will make sure to enjoy wearing this.

   Even if she would not enjoy the reason as to why she had to wear it.

  " I will have to thank him," Viserys remained in front of her, humming in approval. " Mm, I agree. Isn't he a generous host, dear sister?"

  Viserya nodded at that, and since her mind trailed back to her earlier thoughts on Illyrio, she hesitantly says to Viserys, " Our stay as guests has been long over a year now. . but he has never once asked us for anything. Why is that, brother?"

  Her brother smirked. " Illyrio is no fool. He knows I will not forget my friends when I sit upon my throne, and he is right to think so." Viserys handed away the dress to a nearby maidservant, and his gaze suddenly grows cold as he rakes his eyes over Viserya's body.