"Oh, no, I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were in there." I smiled gently and stepped out of the way.

"You uh... You look lovely." He said, nodding awkwardly with a shy smile.

"Thank you," I looked down at the dark red swing dress I was wearing before over at Spencer's dark shirt and tie. "You look good too." I complimented and he smirked.

"Have a good night."

"Yeah, don't get arrested." I joked and he sniggered before Beth appeared at the end of the hall.

"You gals ready?" I called at her questioning expression and Spencer headed back down the hallway where the rest of the guys were gathering to leave.

The Lover

It was strange being back in Vegas. The last time I'd been here I'd been with Melanie when we moved my mom to Virginia to be closer to us. 

Now, being back here was the oddest of feelings, especially knowing we'd both be here, but in two completely different capacities.

I made sure to pack extra cigarettes and when I got to the hotel I'd already smoked four by the time Aaron told me we were just going to meet at the spa hotel the Bachelorette party would be at. 

So, I'd got ready and I'd headed over with the bitterest of tastes on my tongue.

"Yo kid what you doing down here?" Morgan asked, approaching me in an all-black suit.

"Just having a drink before I head up." I explained.

"So you're starting without us pretty boy huh?" He tutted and nodded to the barman before ordering his own drink.

"Where's Savannah?" I asked, sipping my vodka; the memory of Melanie suffocating me considering the last time I'd tasted vodka it had been on the top of her tongue.

"She's gone upstairs to see the girls," He rolled his eyes. "That's where everyone else is." He explained.

"Has Melanie arrived yet?" Morgan paused with his beer-bottle half-pressed to his lips. "Just so I know to prepare myself." I added upon seeing Morgan's questioning expression.

"Man if you didn't think you'd be up for this, you shouldn't have helped make the plans."

"Morgan, we weren't supposed to be here tonight. The plan was, meet at the hotel bar and move on from there. There were no plans about meeting up with the Bachelorette party, okay?" He nodded his head.

"Okay, touché," He sighed. "Melanie isn't here yet, no. Savvy said she's not due for another half hour."

"She's not driving from New York is she?" Morgan thought of this for a moment before shaking his head.

"Nah she got a commercial flight over I'm sure." I nodded my head, thankful before finishing my drink. "Shall we?" He asked, nodding toward the elevators and I sighed, sliding my empty glass across the bar.

"Sure." I decided upon knowing Melanie wouldn't be upstairs when we arrived.

I knew that she'd be going all out for Beth's night, and I could only just imagine what she'd be dressed like when she arrived. 

The last thing I wanted for tonight was to see her, but in order to keep the night at it's best for both Aaron and Beth; I was willing to keep my eyes down and my lips firmly sealed. 

In every way.

*

"Aaron, your stunning daughter is here!" Beth's voice called down the hallway and my stomach churned. A sharp stab in my side alerted me to the fact that Emily had just elbowed me.