𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"I gotta go to work. Y'all need to be heading out." Momma said.

"Alright, we finna head out in 20. Love you momma." Axel said.

"Love you mommy!" Solana & I said.

"Love y'all too. Now get ready." She said walking out of the house.

I continued getting ready & talking to my siblings. Axel and Solana are seniors and I'm a junior. It's just just us & my momma for some time now. But momma's been talking about this Simone girl for some time now. I've been looking into it but can't find much. Who is this lady?

𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"Can I call you later? My client just got here." I said to my sister.

"Alright bye." I added.

"Hey love bug! How we doing?" I asked her.

"Girl. Stressed. This new change is something serious." She told me.

You would never expect somebody who lost their mother at a young age to become a therapist. But here I am. I'm a mother myself. My daddy checks on me every day. I have a loving husband. I'm successful. 10 years ago, this wasn't apart of the plan.

I continued my hour session with my client, and just like that my day was over.

"That's all your clients, Simone?" Jiana asked.

"Yes giiiirl. Might go pick Amaya up from school early. Haven't decided yet." I said grabbing my shake.

"Actually, I'm gonna go see Annie & Sevyn. Annie is gonna pop anytime soon." I added.

"That's so true. Any details on the lady from the hospital?" She asked me.

"Nothing. I'm not giving up though." I said.

"You're gonna find her. I guarantee you." Jiana said.

"I really hope I do." I said.

𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐚̀𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

We got to school just in time. Senioritis is definitely a thing, but luckily I only have 3 classes today. We go to an performing arts academy so there's elementary, middle, and high school. Seeing the 8th graders sit and talk about going into high school is so fun to see, because at one point I was there.

"Lana! You look cuteeee." My friend Tiana said.

"Thanks boo. I don't have any classes till 10 today. Mr. Johnson cancelled the masterclass." I said.

Mr. Johnson is my chorus teacher. He's been like a father figure to me since freshmen year. It's great to have a man like him around.

"Hopefully he reschedules it though. I really wanted to talk to Erykah Badu." I added.

Every year, the senior chorus majors get to go to a masterclass with 3 famous singers. This year, class of '23 chose Erykah Badu, Fantasia, and Dorinda Clark-Cole. Our main goal was to have different genres and different voices. In previous years the seniors always choose artists that sing the same genre so they didn't get the full experience. But us? Oh we went full out. We have some talented singers. But not all of us wanna do the same thing.