I Dont Do Shorts Sweetheart

Hannah woke up to a blood curtailing scream and loud footsteps running up the stairs. She jumped up and noticed a bright orange light emitting from Jessica's room and Dean running inside. She ran to her doorway, hearing the two screaming and yelling at each other, flames now bellowing out of the top of the door. Dean was holding Sam and was pushing him down the hall quickly, he grabbed onto her arm and dragged her along.

"Wait-! What's happening!" She yelled over the roars of flames and tried to stop but Dean was way stronger then her so her attempts were unsuccessful.

"Sam-...." She coughed out, trying to clear her lungs of the thick smoke. She stared at the building in shock, smoke flowing out of the windows as the firefighters blasted the flames with water.

"What happened." She turned to Dean, not wanting to bother Sam.

"Uh-." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"Jess... she's gone." Sam spoke up, his hands balling up into fists in rage.

"Same thing that happened to your mom... and ours." He hissed, cocking his gun and throwing it into the back of Deans impala, "Baby".

"We're gonna kill that son of a bitch." Sam slammed the trunk and turned to them both.

"I'm coming with you two." She spoke up.

"No you're not, you're staying here and staying safe." Sam stared at her, eyes piercing into her soul.

"Yes, I am. I'm not staying here alone. I'm going with you two and that's end of discussion. I have nothing left here Sam, it's all gone." Her voice quivered, tears threatening to escape her eyes but she managed to hold them back. Dean watched her with a smirk, liking her stubbornness.

"Fine." He groaned, walking over to the passenger side of the car. Dean hopped into the drivers side and started the engine. She walked over to Sams side, clearing her throat. He leaned forward so she could climb into the back and she settled herself. She nodded to Dean and he drove off.

This was going to be the start of her new life.

╚════════════════════════╝

She was asleep for a while in the back of the Impala while they traveled to Lost Creek, Colorado. She started waking up as she felt them pull into a parking lot and park. She groans and sits up, fixing herself to be more presentable.

"Right behind you two." She got up, walking behind the two and heading inside of the small lodge type building.

"It's pretty remote here, cut off by mountains and scattered mines everywhere." Sam said as he looked at the map that was built into the table. Hannah stood next to him, looking at all the small details.

"Everywhere..." She saw lots of small colored dots, showing where each abandoned mine was located.

"Dude, check out the size of this freaking bear." Dean was looking at a small picture on the wall. Surprise written all over his face.

"Yeah, there are grizzlies in the area Dean. Don't be too surprised to see them getting that big." She chuckled and turned towards the ranger.

"Don't tell me you three are planning to go near Blackwater ridge." The frail guy spoke, holding a cup of coffee.

"Ah no, environmental study majors here for a paper sir." She smiled, nodding her head.

"Right, friends of that Haley girl right?"

"Yes sir." Hannah walked over to the small table the ranger was behind.

"We'll go tell her her brother will be back, it's not his return date just yet, he's fine."

"You got it." Dean hummed.

╚════════════════════════╝

45 minutes later

After some persuading with the ranger, Dean got the missing man's backcountry permit and where currently at where Haley stayed. She knocked on the door and waited for Haley to open it.

"Hey, Haley Collins right? I'm Hannah and this is Sam and Dean, we're park rangers. We just wanted to ask some questions about your brother Tommy."

"I need to see an ID."

She showed her id and smiled as she opened the door.

"Whose ride?"

"Mine." Dean held up a hand.

"Nice." Haley smiled and turned to walk back into the house. Dean looked back at the two and had a shocked expression on his face. Hannah and Sam rolled their eyes at his stupidity. Dean was like that, hookup with a hot chick then dump them in the wind whenever they move on to the next job.

"How do you know something's wrong?" Sam asked, standing around the table where Haley and her brother were eating.

"He sends little videos or pictures all the time, always has service." She sighed, showing the last video she was sent.

"We're heading up there tomorrow, we'll find him." Dean nodded, trying to give the most comforting voice he could.

"Maybe I'll see you three there. I hired a guide and I'm going to find him myself. People have been no use."

╚════════════════════════╝

Hannah, once again, was asleep at the motel while the two boys were at a diner eating and finding evidence. She had stayed back to look for her own stuff but ended up being knocked out from tiredness. She also came up with the conclusion that they would be going to some person's house, and she wasn't down for that. It was her first job, and she wasn't a people person, especially for people outside of her college.

Sunrise

When she woke up, they had told her everything they found out.

"We think it's a skinwalker or a black dog, something along those lines." Sam told her while they drove up to the mountain.

"Right, so we can kill it. Awesome."

"Yes, but it'll be difficult. Thing's fast and strong, it won't be easy." Dean grumbled as he drove.

"Not like it's something we can't handle." She shrugged. 

╚════════════════════════╝

As they arrived, she looked at Haley and her brother and another guy which she assumed was the hired man. They got out of the car and threw on their backpacks.

"Wait, you're gonna hike in biker boots and jeans." Haley said with a straight face.

"I don't do shorts sweetheart." Dean smirked and walked past them.

"Let's go find your brother." Hannah nodded, walking with them.

Proofread - 1019 words