𝑐ℎ.;10 |The Trial|

Start from the beginning

Overall, their reaction depended on their own individual personalities and experiences. Some were more understanding of the situation currently occurring, while others may be more skeptical or dismissive of the siblings' emotional bond. Regardless, the sight of such a heartfelt reunion would undoubtedly leave a lasting impact on the pillars perception of Tanjiro.

Before you two got apart you had something to say.

"This is the demon slayer headquarters Tanjiro. You were put to trial for carrying a demon. Act respectful in front of the master."

As much as you wanted to say a lot more, there was no time for that. You wanted him to at least act respectful in front of Oyakata-sama so the trial could go well.

Before he could have a say back, you pulled away and went back to the group of the gossiping pillars.

"[Name]!! You didn't tell me you had a younger brother!! He looks so adorable!" Mitsuri chirped.

You just sighed and waited for the trial to start.

"There's no need for a trial here! Protecting demons is clearly a violation of conduct! We can deal it with ourselves! We'll decapitate every demon!"

You cringed from Kyojuros roaring voice, but you were curious as to why your little brother was protecting a demon.

"Then let me cut her head off flamboyantly. I'll show I can spray the blood more flamboyantly than anyone else. I'll be a flamboyant flamboyance." Uzui joined in.

You heard Himejimas praying for the 'shoddy' girl.

You were still wondering where the demon was.

You noticed your brother thinking the same thing as you, he was frantically looking around for what you assumed was the demon girl.

"More importantly, what are we gonna do about Tomioka?"

Iguros remark made Tanjiro perk up, and so did you. This whole trial was making you confused. 

'What does Tomioka have to do with this?'

The serpent hashira continued, "I have a headache not seeing him bound there. According to Kocho, Tomioka violated the demon hunter conduct as well. How will we deal with him? How will we make him take responsibility? How are we gonna make him suffer?"

These questions started to put you off, you had no idea what was going on since your crow didn't mention what the trial was about other than a boy and the demon he protected.

You looked at Tomioka, wondering what he must've done to get in such trouble because of Tanjiro.

"Well it's fine, right? He followed me without causing a ruckus. Let's think of a punishment later.  More importantly, I want to hear this boys story."

You were thankful for Shinobu for being so understanding. 

He tried to speak, but the pain from his jaw injury disrupted him from doing so.

Shinobu gave him some water with pain killers in it, and after some time he finally spoke up.

"... My little sister was turned into a demon. But she has never eaten someone before! Up until now and from now on, she will never hurt a living person!"