'Ms. Williams, from India and just a month ago you joined as an auror here. Two wizards are deemed as perfect for you. What do you want to talk about marriage law Ms. Williams?' he read all this from that parchment and looked up from it.

'I...I don't want to get married according to some barbaric law' I didn't want to control my language infront of him. He should know that I don't approve of the law.

'You will have to abide by the law or else you will be stripped off from the magic and disowned from the magical population' Mr. Talbott said as a matter of fact and seemed like he is dealing with this stuff for a hundredth of time.

'Actually, you cannot strip off my magic as Indian magic law applies to me and if I go back to India and don't get married as per the British ministry of magic then will it still be applicable to me?' I tried to reason with him and controlled my volumes from going up.

'If you want then you are more than welcome to go back to your country but you will not be allowed to come back if you don't abide by the marriage law' Mr. Talbott replied while wearing his glasses and looking at me sternly.

My mouth fell agape. I don't have any savings left to try for any other country and I always wanted to work in ministry of magic. This is so unfair. I don't want to go back to my country. I think I will have to accept the marriage law now.

'My department will be waiting for your owl because we want to register your preference from the two wizard's names we have enlisted for you. Now if you don't have any other query then I have some other pressing matters to work on' Mr. Talbott said while reading the parchments on his hand.

This was my cue to leave. 'Thank you Mr. Talbott for your precious time' I quipped and left the cabin.

I started walking in the direction of my department. I think I will have to get married at last. I don't have any choice. I will have to let my mother know about it. It will be a big shock to her but I don't have a choice. she will tell me to leave Britain and come back to India which I cannot afford.

'Mildred, back to the earth' Hermione shook my arm and I looked at her. She was concerned for me. Once again tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

'Hey Hermione' I said and took my usual seat. 'Are you fine Mildred? you look dull today' she said and handed me a flask full of water. 

I recited everything to her. The meeting with Mr. Talbott and everything after that which happened.

'Oh dear, I am so sorry for that' she genuinely looked sorry. 'Its okay Hermione, it's not your fault. Why are you saying sorry?' I replied and looked at the parchment which was kept on our table.

'Whose names were on the list in the letter?' Hermione indicated the list of names who are deemed as perfect for me as a partner. I sighed, I just remember that I didn't read the names.

'I don't know. I didn't read the names yet' I lowered my head on the desk. 'You didn't read the names yet?' she asked once again and I nodded my head. I dread that now. I don't know whose names are there in the list.

'Whom did you get?' I tried to change the topic. 'Ron's name and other one was my classmate from Hogwarts' she said with a blush.

'That's great!' I tried to cheer her up. I don't want her mood to be down because of me.

'How are my girls this morning?' Helena interrupted our chitchat. She is a whole positive energy in the office.

'We are fine Helena. Was just discussing about marriage law' Hermione said as a matter of fact.

'That can be discussed afterwards. I want you two to visit Hogwarts and have a meeting with its headmaster Snape' Helena said while looking at us.

'Why Hogwarts?' I asked her in the most boring tone. 'You two did not read the parchments which were kept for you right?' Helena facepalmed herself. Oh God! We were to read the parchments? I hope it isn't too important.