Nothing Seek, Nothing Find

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, can't." Kazuki said.

"How come?"

"Rei's dad is one diabolical dude." Kazuki said.

'You're telling me.' [Y/n] thought while looking away. "Yes, he's really scary." She said.

"Oh! Hey, when Miss Anna teaches us a song, it's diabolical!" Miri said.

"N-Not quite in the same way." Kazuki muttered, nervously.

"Definitely not." [Y/n] said.

~~

Rei walked down the hall, and he finally made it to his father's office. Rei knocked. He walked in and bowed. "Forgive my long absence, Boss. You seem well." Rei said.

"So, living among little people has taught you proper etiquette? Kurusu Kazuki, was it? He's a peasant, but I see he's not entirely useless." The boss said, "Still, his skills seem poor. Jigoku [Y/n]'s been slowing down as well lately. Is he the reason for the numerous mistakes on your recent jobs?"

Rei's eyes narrowed. "The time may have come. Return to this home."

~~

"So is Grandpapa mad at Papa Rei?" Miri asked while [Y/n] and Kazuki made the cake together, "Did they get into a fight, maybe?" Miri continued to cut decorations.

"Kind of." [Y/n] said, "Rei's papa is a little upset that Rei doesn't want to be in their family business and do as he's told. He doesn't agree with a few things that his papa is pushing on him. So, he left."

"Like?" Miri asked.

"Marrying me for one." [Y/n] said with a sad smile.

"EHHHHH???!!!!" Kazuki and Miri screeched.

[Y/n] blinked in confusion. "Eh? You didn't know that Rei is my fiancé?"

"No! Since when?!" Kazuki questioned.

[Y/n] hummed in thought. "About three years now, his father and my mother announced our engagement, and I guess that was the last straw." She said.

"And you've been pining after him for three years." Kazuki said, shaking his head.

"It's been longer than three years actually. I left the year after Rei and my job was to bring him back."

"Did Papa Rei tried to run away when you found him?" Miri asked.

"Surprisingly no." [Y/n] giggled, "Wanna hear how I found him?"

"Yess!!" Miri cheered.

"Okay, so, at the time I spent a few months looking for Rei around Tokyo, and one day, I got lucky..."

[Y/n] sighed putting on her makeup for her show that night. Being an entertainer has led [Y/n] to be able to connect all lot of information about the man she was hunting down.

Not for her mother.

Not for the Boss.

For herself. She'd been in love with Rei for years, and she wanted desperately to find him. She rejected man after man, in hopes that Rei would walk into her life again.

Meanwhile, Kazuki wrapped his arm around his friend, Rei. "Come on, man. You can't be a shut-in forever." Kazuki said, taking Rei to a new underground club that had become popular.

Rei glared at Kazuki.

"Don't give me that look. You said you'd watch one act." Kazuki said. Soon, they got to the club and stood in the back.