track 011 / family heirloom

Billy entered rehab in the winter of 1974

Billy entered rehab in the winter of 1974. The Six cancelled the few remaining dates on the rest of their tour. Warren, Eddie, Graham, and Karen all stayed in the house. Camila stayed with them in the back settling into motherhood. And Y/n was focused on her family, and staying clean for them.

GRAHAM: We didn't really understand addiction back then. I mean, I thought he'd just dry out. Things would go back to the way they used to be.

Y/N: That's why I had to distance myself from the band. I still hung around there, but I knew that my drinking had become as bad that when I was fourteen. I would not come back from it, and just get stuck.

I still winded up hanging around them still but not performing though I was still writing. Warren wasn't able to stay over at my house as he wanted to cause my family was visiting at the time. By family I mean, my brother and sister counting our dad were homesick.

CHRISTOPHER HEARTLY, BROTHER OF Y/N: Damn, L.A was something different. We went to the beach every day, now I know why Y/n left us [laughs] I would too damn. Everywhere I turned someone wanted to sleep with me.

FRANKIE HEARTLY, SISTER OF Y/N: I went from taking pictures of Y/n, in the background when we were four and five to photographing her in L.A. I was going to kill her for becoming famous [laughs] I'm kidding, I'm just glad she was alive and doing well.

INTERVIEWER: Why did she say she was happy you were alive?

Y/N: [silence] When I was fifteen, I tried to drown myself in the bathtub...Back then mental health wasn't a huge thing talked about, but Thankfully, I have a dad who cares so much about me and tried to understand the thing I was going through.

Y/n indulged in a late morning slumber, groggily dragging herself through her bedroom. She lazily threw on a shirt, leaving her underwear on since it was too hot to sleep with a shirt on in the L.A. weather the past few days.

Entering the living room/kitchen, she was greeted by the sound of her sister gagging. "Frank, stop being so dramatic," Chris warned his sister, holding a knife with peanut butter on it. It was common knowledge that Frankie couldn't stand the sight of peanut butter.

Peeking in on her siblings, Y/n saw Frankie's head buried inside her shirt, cuddled into the circular dining table. "I'm not being dramatic, I'm being human," Frank mumbled from inside her shirt. "You're awake?"

"Fuck you," Y/n replied to her sister, who was surprised to see her up so early. She walked over to her brother, grabbed the peanut butter knife, and licked it clean, causing her brother to look mildly offended.

The sun beamed directly on their faces, the kitchen blinds wide open, offering a beautiful view of the ocean ahead of them. "Thanks," Y/n said to her brother, who shook his head, playfully grabbed her hair, and shoved her out of the way, eliciting a happy laugh from her.