||5||

Patralekha and Inder decided that it was time to confront Shivraj about his feelings towards Nisha. They both knew that Shivraj was stubborn and would deny any such feelings, but they felt that they needed to push him towards the possibility of marriage.

One evening, they both sat Shivraj down and brought up the topic of his marriage. 

Patralekha: Shiv, we think it's time for you to settle down she said gently. You're the Crown Prince of jaipur aur kuch hi dino mein aapka rajyaabhishek bhi hone wala hai, and you need to think about your future.

Shivraj: raised an eyebrow, What are you trying to say, Ma?

Inder: spoke up, We're saying that maybe it's time for you to start thinking about getting married. And we think we might have found the perfect match for you.

Shivraj: looked skeptical, Oh really? And who might that be?

Patralekha: smiled, Nisha. We've seen the way you look at her, Shiv. You can't deny that there's something there.

Shivraj: shook his head, No, there's nothing there. Nisha is here to work, not to be courted by the Crown Prince.

Inder: pressed on, But you can't deny that you feel something for her, bhai sa. We've seen the way you look at her, the way you talk to her.

Shivraj: sighed, Okay, fine. Maybe I do feel something for her. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to get married or that she feels the same way.

Patralekha had finally had enough of Shivraj's constant tantrums and stubbornness. She had reached her breaking point and was now ready to take matters into her own hands. With a sense of determination in her eyes, she approached Shivraj and spoke firmly.

Patralekha: Fine Shiv, I have had enough of your behavior. I cannot tolerate it anymore. I am going to Gangwal house and I am going to ask for Nisha's hand for Inder.

Shivraj was taken aback. He had never expected his mother to take such a step. He had always believed that he could have his way and that she would always be there to support him. Whereas, Inder was in coma for a time being, his mother was getting him married with girl whom his brother likes. He was numb to react to anything.

Shivraj: What are you saying, Ma?

Patralekha: Yeh hamara aakhiri faisla hai hum aaj hi unke ghar jaa rahe hai.

Shivraj was fuming with anger. He stormed out of the room, unable to control his anger. 

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Inder, in a state of perplexity and distress, storms into the living room where his mother, Patralekha, is seated, engrossed in a book. He wears an expression of evident frustration on his face.

Inder: What have you done, Ma? I'm not interested in Nisha. She's like a sister to me, aur hum unhe apni bhabhi ma maan chuke hai... aur aap chahti hai ki hum unse shaadi kare?? 

Patralekha glances up from her book, looking at her son with a mix of amusement and exasperation at his over-the-top reaction.

Patralekha (nonchalantly): Inder, just stop overreacting. Hum sach mein aapki shaadi unse nahi karwayenge

Inder visibly relaxes, a sigh of relief escaping him. However, his relief quickly turns into confusion.

Inder (still puzzled): Then why did you say this in front of Bhai Sa?