Chapter XIV. The Victory Feast

Start from the beginning

The crowd murmurs.

Gendry looks at his sisters "I can't be. I'm a bastard."

Aeryn says "No, you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon. And your sisters Kenna Hightower of House Baratheon and Ayala Baratheon. Because that is what I have made you."

Ayala smiles at her sister and shares a smiling look with Legolaes. The newly named Gendry Baratheon nods in shock and surprise. Aeryn gives me a look to talk.

I turn to Gendry and smile "I will not find a better one than you, Gendry, an honest and powerful man to rule Storm's End under my reign"

At a nearby table, Davos stands and raises his glass "To Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End"

Everyone in the hall rises to their feet to salute Gendry "To Gendry!"

"Lord Gendry!"
"Gendry!"
"Gendry!"

Arlan raises his cup with greed in his eyes and a fake smile "Gendry!"

Gendry takes a goblet from the smiling Jon Snow.

Kenna smiles "Lord Gendry!"

Gendry salutes the hall. They cheer in response.

Ayala cheers "Gendry!"

The Hound, still sitting, shakes his head and returns to shovelling food into his mouth. The hall continues to cheer.

"That's easy, isn't it?"

Tyrion; A fitting reward for a hero.

Sam to Gendry "Uh, hold on."

Tyrion says "And a Lord of Storm's End who will be forever loyal to you."

A man to Gendry "Come, my lord."

Daenerys gives us a look "See? You're not the only one who's clever."

Sansa looks at Daenerys with concern, pondering the play that the Mother of Dragons has just made.

Woman says "I have to go down and get another barrel."

》》》》《《《《

Later, The mood lightened. The merry crowd laughs and enjoys themselves.

The wine flows freely. A server places a carafe of wine on the tables I still sit next to Jon leans in his shoulder and cover the top of my goblet.

Jaime approaches us and removes my hand "We fought dead things and lived to talk about it. If this isn't the time to drink when is?"

Jaime pours wine for me and himself.

Jon gives him a look "Me too because I'm not visible"

I chuckle a little and Jaime and I clink glasses and drink together.

》》》》《《《《

Narrator POV

In another part, Davos and Tyrion stand talking about Melisandre.

Davos says "The last time I saw her, I told her I'd kill her if I ever saw her again."

Tyrion says "I'm sure you had your reasons."

Davos nods "I did. I do."

Tyrion wonders "So did you?"

Davos says "Never got the chance. She did it to herself. Or her god did it to her. Lord of Light. We play his game for him, we fight his war and win, and then he fucks off. No signs, no blessings. Who knows what he wants?"