Chapter 2: After Four Years With A New Member

Începe de la început

A village mayor approached the group

A village mayor approached the group. "Welcome to our village, Raimon Mystery Inc. I'm the mayor of this village. My name is Akihiro." He introduced himself to them, "Wakura Akihiro."

Tenma also introduced himself, "My name is Matsukaze Tenma." Then he introduced the each remaining members to Wakura, "This is Tsurugi Kyousuke, Shindou Takuto-senpai, Kirino Ranmaru-senpai, Nishiki Ryouma-senpai, Kariya Masaki, and Nishizono Shinsuke."

He and Wakura gave a handshake to each other.

"By the way, what do you want from us anyway?", Shindou asked.

"Long story short.", Wakura answered. Then, he explain the townspeople to them. "One month ago, some of the townspeople went missing and never came back. We search them everywhere. Every night, we saw a giant bird and it kidnapped them by its claws. Then, it flew it away with them. Every mornings, we saw a clawprints and a feather where the townspeople kidnapped by that giant bird. I need your help. And I knew you can do it with just seven of you."

The group answered in unison, "Hai!"

They went to the townspeople. They saw the townspeople interrogating by the group of police and an investigator. The police chief has dark purple hair with a bangs cover his left eye. He also has a mustache and short beard. An investigator has dark blue hair with bangs on her forehead. She also wears a red-framed glasses. The police chief is Kudou and the investigator is Otonashi.

"Hello there, Raimon Mystery Inc.", Kudou greeted them as well as Otonashi greeted them the same.

At the same time, An engineer named Jiro Baron came to the village, which he catches Raimon Mystery Inc., Kudou, and Otonashi's attention.

"Mayor Wakura, I know that you and your people loved this village, but you must leave this place or that monster will get you all. I will bring you to Tokyo as your safe place. And also these children will received a better education.", Jiro offered to the mayor.

"Thanks for the offer, but we still choose to stay this village. It is important in our lives, especially our worship to our guardian deity, Otori.", Wakura refused.

"But I'm warning you multiple times. It's not safe whatever you do. Besides, that ugly statue you worship is useless.", Jiro said.

After Jiro's warning sentence, The team, Kudou, and Otonashi heard as Nishiki pissed for what the engineer say to the village's guardian deity. "What did you say?!", Nishiki asked angrily as he was about to charge Jiro. But, Tsurugi and Kirino stopped him.

"Yamede! (Stop!)", Kirino said.

"Nishiki-senpai, calm down!", Tsurugi said.

"But this village is their tradition and beliefs.", someone said.

There's a girl defends the mayor, his townspeople, and the village. She's also an investigator who worked with Otonashi. It was Mari.

"How dare you to speak to me like that!?", Jiro asked angrily.

"It is because we can solve this. If we didn't solve this case any longer, you may send them away. Understand? Sir?", Mari said.

"Fine.", Jiro said annoyingly. Then, he leaves.

At the same time, Nishiki calmed down, while the rest of the team catch their glimpse of Mari.

"Whoo! Girl Power!", Kariya said actively.

Otonashi chuckles. "I almost forgot. I invited her to solve this mystery."

Mari walked in to the group.

Otonashi introduce Mari to Raimon Mystery Inc., "This is Mari Blake. She's is my apprentice. She is also one of my most talented and skilled investigator." Then, to Mari, "Mari, This the most successful group of detectives. The Raimon Mystery Incorporated."

"Hello.", Shinsuke jumped on Mari. "My name is Nishizono Shinsuke."

Mari chuckles and says, "Hello there. You're cute.", which made Shinsuke blushed.

Tenma asked, "Why did you invite her anyway, Otonashi-san?"

Otonashi answered, "I'd like you to team up with her."

Kudou continues as he answered, "In this case, You and Mari are going to solve this as a team."

The team shocked in surprised, "Nani?!!!"

Later, Otonashi showed the photo of a clawprint and a piece of feather from the crime scene to them.

"Is that giant bird dangerous?", Tsurugi asked.

"According to the townspeople, yes.", Mari answered.

"But, the old mayor says, 'kidnapped', right?", Nishiki asked.

"Typically, yes. And I just don't know if the missing ones went actually kidnapped or killed.", Mari continued.

The team shocked.

Kariya got scared, "It is scarier than a snake."

Kirino punches Kariya's arm.

Kariya says, "Oww!"

Tenma stares at the townspeople who lost their loved ones with his sad face.

Kudou noticed, "Matsukaze, are you alright?"

Tenma answered, "Hai."

Kudou asked, "What's the matter?"

Tenma answered again, "The mayor said that there was a giant bird lurking around in the village. I think it might be a disadvantage for only seven of us."

Kudou encourage him, "But, I believe in you. I heard from news that you solved those case so far with just seven of you. So, I know you can do it."

"He's right.", someone said. It was Shindou, who appeared and patted his hand on Tenma's shoulder right behind him with Tsurugi.

Tenma noticed, "Shindou-senpai. Tsurugi."

Shindou and Tsurugi smiled at him. Later, Tenma also smiled.