8 - Mαѕтer oғ Illυѕιoɴѕ

Start from the beginning

Satoru's smirk softened to a smile when his eyes caught mine. His gaze lingered for a moment before his hand reached for my head and started messing my hair. "O-oi!"

My heart nearly lept when his lips turned upward mischievously. "Good morning, (F/n)-chan."

He really had forgotten.

"Good morning, Sa- Gojo-san," I greeted back, stumbling with how to address him.

"Aww," he cooed teasingly. "Look here, ya. This is how you should greet the great teacher Gojo Sato-"

Passing by, I tiptoed and grabbed him by the ear, dragging him as I walked. "Say that again?"

"A-ah! That hurts, that hurts!," he complained, trying to release himself from my grip. "Oii, I'm sorry! I won't do that again, (F/n)-chan."

"And what did I say about that ridiculous nickname?"

"Ichihara-san!," Satoru quickly corrected.

I inwardly cursed myself for letting my mannerisms slip up and quickly released Satoru when I felt his amusement grow as he watched me.

"What's wrong? Not gonna pull more?," he chuckled playfully. "I thought Ichihara-san loves being rough?"

"Idiot," was all that came out of my lips. I could feel my cheeks heating up, causing me to turn away from Satoru. However, I was met with more questioning stares.

"I didn't know you two get along well." Shoko raised a brow at me. It was a short sign telling me we would surely talk about it later.

"They're like an old married couple," Panda laughed heartily.

"Should we start calling you guys mom and dad?," Miura Megumi added oil to the fire while grinning ear to ear.

For some reason, my heart started pounding against my chest loudly. I blinked, hanging my head low before muttering, "who would marry this idiot...?"

"Everyone." Yaga's voice cut through our banters. Behind him stood a man around our age. I saw Satoru flinch from my peripheral, but I couldn't blame him.

The man who came with Yaga had a rather threatening amount of cursed energy coursing through his body.

That man was crazy strong.

He just stared ahead blankly. Standing a few centimeters taller than the women, his lean build and sickly pale skin stood out amongst us. Long, raven black hair framed over his eyes, preventing us from having a good look of their color.

But I didn't have to verify to know who it was.

Finally.

Yaga broke the silence with a forced, welcoming tone. "As promised by the higher-ups after the recent investigations, this is Miura Chiyo of the Miura clan. He is now readying for release after being proven innocent and blackmailed to own up the traitorous acts of Inumaki-san and Geto Suguru. He will be staying in Jujutsu High for the time being."

Toge got on his feet, looking at us in disbelief.

I just hung my head low with a pained yet contented smile.

Yes. That was my plan.

To release Miura Chiyo, I had to put all the blame on our name. He wrongfully paid for someone else's sins to save his juniors. He deserved nothing less than to enjoy his freedom.

And now that he was free, my job here was finally done.

"What the hell are you saying?," Kotone exclaimed, getting up from her seat. All heads turned to her. She just cut off Yaga's strained act, and everyone acknowledged that doing something like that would take a lot of courage. "She would never do anything like that. Yaga-san, you seriously believe those higher-ups?"