haeri raised an eyebrow, "for wh-" and that's when the guilt hit her. "oh my god... kai, i'm so sorry! like, genuinely, i really am! i didn't mean to worry you, i swear. it's just i only just got home and-"

"woah, haeri-ah, calm down girl," he said, cutting her rambling short. "actually... wait, hold on a second." opening her mouth, ready to question her friend, haeri was not only shocked but slightly offended once she saw that the call had ended. just as she was about to call him back, she received a facetime call.

she quickly accepted the call and let a small smile appear on her face as soon as the familiar blond appeared on her screen. he cheekily waved, "okay now, seriously, take a breath and breathe for a second."

kai smiled as he watched her do as he instructed, illuminated by the light from her phone. and after she had repeated that calming technique a few times, she took one final deep breath and let it out with a content smile.

"all better?" haeri nodded in response and thanked him to which he just humbly waved off. "i was just worried. i wasn't mad at you or anything," he reassured her. "sorry if i seemed angry or upset. i'm just glad to know that you're okay!"

haeri would honestly be lying if she said she didn't tear up a bit from kai's words. but it was rather obvious that she got emotional as her best friend noticed her tears almost instantly which made it impossible for her to even try and lie. kai tried his best to comfort her as much as he could and after a few minutes, her breathing pattern was back to normal.

"now, where did you go after you left the skatepark that you only just got home?" and so his interrogation began.

an hour had gone by since huening kai started his interrogation but it was finally coming to a close. surprisingly enough, the two teens were still wide awake. haeri informed kai about everything that happened after she had left him and his friends earlier on. she provided him with practically every little detail and he had no problem listening to every single one.

"and that pretty much sums it all up!" she said, ending her summary with a clap of her hands.

"i'm sorry your parents said all of that, haeri-ah..." kai pouted. "you know you're always welcome at my house, right? my dad's always asking about you! i'm sure he'd love to have you over again soon."

haeri chuckled. "of course i know that and i'd love to come over again! maybe this weekend when we hangout?" kai instantly nodded in response. "okay then, it sounds like a plan!"

"oh, did you ever message your friend?" kai asked.

the girls eyes widened in shock. "oh my god! i completely forgot!" her head snapped towards the clock on her dresser, only for her eyes to grow even wider than before. "holy fuck, it's already 2 o'clock too... it's probably too late to message him now, right?"

kai shook his head. "text him just to let him know and add a small apology if you really want. you promised you would, did you not?" haeri slowly nodded, knowing that he was right. "exactly, you can't break a pinky promise! plus, knowing you, you'd probably end up feeling guilty if you didn't message him so just do it."

"what would i do without you, hyuka..." he only laughed in response. "okay, i'll go text him real quick and then go to sleep."

"yeah, i'll head to bed too now. goodnight, haeri!"

"goodnight! thank you again!"

and with that, their hour long facetime call had come to an end which meant that haeri now had to worry about how to text beomgyu. okay, i'll just start off with an apology and go from there... he's probably asleep anyways so i'll just keep it short. she nodded to herself, proud of her idea despite the fact that it wasn't really an outstanding or groundbreaking plan. short and simple. and then i'll be able to sleep peacefully, i hope!

gyu

hey beomgyu! sorry for the late message  😬

it's haeri, by the way

i got home safely and i hope you did too! and once again, i'm sorry for messaging you so late!

goodnight! sleep well!

oh wait, you'll probably see this when you wake up

well, good morning then! 😁
sent 2:27am

as soon as she finished, she read over her texts. "that works, i guess..." she mumbled before turning off her cellphone and placing it on her nightstand. "hopefully i'll survive school tomorrow with just 4 hours of sleep..." haeri sighed and closed her eyes, snuggling up into her blanket as she tried to get comfortable. "or maybe i'll just, i don't know, cry."

a buzz came from her phone causing the screen to turn on and dimly light up her room. however, the girl had already drifted off to sleep. she was knocked out from how draining her day had been that she somehow managed to almost instantly fall asleep.

gyu

i'm glad :)
goodnight, haeri-ah
sent 2:29am

ugh i'm so bad at transitions!!! sorry!!!

hopefully it wasn't unbearably bad bc i lowkey gave up with trying to smoothly transition between things...

anyways, thank you for reading! <3

please remember to vote, it would mean a lot!