Story

I'm a 25-year-old man. During the day, I work as a bartender in a cafe, but now my workday is over and I am walking home. It's autumn and getting dark outside. The wind is blowing the leaves around. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my head and collapse. I hear someone running away and turn around to see someone in a flapping jacket and a huge feathered hat running in the distance. From the other side, I hear a rapid rustling sound getting closer. I turn my head and see a black cloud of dust coming towards me. I feel another sharp pain and my vision becomes blurry. I lose consciousness.

Reluctantly, I open my eyes again. The blurry image gradually becomes clear. I realize that I'm lying on stone brick floors. I see a light coming from somewhere and hear words in an unknown language. It sounds like a prayer or a spell. I try to figure out where I am and turn my head to the left. Suddenly, my vision becomes blurry again. I quickly try to sit up, and my vision returns to normal. I notice a group of people with bloody hands around me. They look like Aztecs! As I have read in the books! They seem a little disturbed now. They step back a bit and suddenly look at their chests. I see an open cavity and a lot of blood. I hear them slowly approaching me, and my body is filled with adrenaline. I quickly try to find something to defend myself with, but I can't see anything around me. I see one of them trying to hit me in the head with a rock, but I dodge it and fall to the stone floor. Suddenly, I see a stone lying right next to me. I grab it and swing it as hard as I can at the Aztec who was trying to kill me. He clashes with the stone, dropping it from his hand. The other Aztecs begin to run towards me. I grab the stone lying on the ground and hit the closest one in the head. He falls dead. I hit the nearest target. He also falls down. I try to hit another one, but I notice that I am alone against the remaining four who are getting closer to me. I realize that I can't fight them all. I need to run. I see a few of them jumping towards me. I throw a stone at one of them, hitting him in the head. He falls down. Somehow, I manage to push the remaining four away and rush towards the exit building that looks like a pyramid. I can hear them chasing after me. Down below, I see a crowd of surprised people waiting for something. I try to run down the stairs, but sometimes I slip and fall. It hurts! It hurts like hell!!! The view in front of me is blurry, and I can't focus on anything for too long. I somehow make it to the bottom, and I feel people approaching me. I try to stand up, and somehow I manage to. I hear that somebody are trying follow me from the pyramid, and those who were already at the bottom are getting closer to me. I start running as I can, and they still follow me. I run through some bushes, and I can feel their nails scratching my arms. It hurts, but I can hear the voices of people nearby.

Suddenly, I realize that the ground beneath me is gone. I'm falling. I hit some water. Darkness. I lose consciousness. When I wake up, I'm lying on some ground. It's quiet, and all I can hear is the sound of water flowing nearby. I feel the water washing my feet. In the distance, I see a light - an exit from this cave. I try to stand up, and I see blood mixed with dirt all over me. I see that my chest is still bleeding. I sit down, and I wait for something...

...

Later, I need to find things that I could use to patch up my wounds. I need to find weapons and clothes that would be more appropriate for the time period. I have to do everything to make the local people fear me less. Then my task will be to learn the local language and find out who that one person with a scribble was. Later, I have to figure out how to travel back in time.

...

Finally, everything ends with returning to the present and sending something with a scribble to my previous self accidentally sent to the Aztec times.