𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Începe de la început

Elizabeth continues to use her fan, blowing more air into her face so that she remains conscious, and continues to do so even as she walks with the newly appointed Commodore, where he brings news she's less than delighted to hear.

" I apologize if I seem forward, but I must speak my mind. This promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have not yet achieved. A marriage to a fine woman... You have become a fine woman."

Elizabeth wheezes before she falls backward off the ledge and down into the waves below. Both Diana and the Commodore try to dive down after her, but they're stopped by the guards who point out the rocks that will surely lead to their demise.

Diana turns around and sprints down the steps without hesitation. She runs as fast as she can to get to the docks, but by the time she does, a man has already pulled her out of the water and has cut her corset with a blade, which purges the water from her lungs.

" I never would've thought of that."

" Clearly you've never been to Singapore."

The man who saved her then notices the medallion around her neck and furrows his brows as he reaches down to grab it, but is stopped by Diana rushing to her side, followed by the royal Navy at arms.

" On your feet," The Commodore commands, the tip of his blade pointed at the man's neck.

Diana pays no mind to him and instead focuses on Elizabeth. She helps the young girl stand and shields her from the view of the men. The governor is quick to his daughter's side, where he removes his cloak and wraps it around her shoulders. He looks at the ripped corset, then looks at the man with braids.

" Shoot him," He commands.

" Father!" Elizabeth scolds, " Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?"

And James considers her words but steps forward with a smug look on his face as he extends his hand.

" I believe thanks are in order," He starts, but then as soon as the man makes contact, James pulls up his sleeve to reveal his brand, "Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, pirate?"

And only then do Diana's ears perk up.

" Hang him!" The governor orders.

  " Keep your guns on him, men. Gillette, fetch some irons," James commands to his men.

" Governor Swann, this man just saved your daughter," Diana adds, " Commodore, he saved your future bride... surely a death sentence isn't fitting this--"

" Quiet, heaven," He snaps, then pulls up the man's sleeve, " Well, well. Jack Sparrow, isn't it?"

  " Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please, sir," The pirate corrects.

  " I don't see your ship...Captain."

  " I'm in the market, as it were.."

The Commodore chuckles smugly, then goes to examine his things.

  " No additional shot nor powder. A compass that doesn't point north," James states, before he unsheethes the sword, " I half expected it to be made from wood. You are without a doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of!"

  " But you have heard of me," Jack Sparrow smiles.

James only rolls his eyes with a huff, before he grabs the pirate and shoves him down the docks, but that's not good enough. Elizabeth and Diana can't let this innocent man die.

  " Pirate or not, this man saved my life!" Elizabeth exclaims as they chase after the man.

  " One good deed is not enough to redeem a man for his wickedness!" James argues as the pirate gets placed in shackles.

  " It seems enough to condemn him."

  " Indeed."

The pirate acts quickly, he wraps the chains around Elizabeth to trap her. The guards go to draw their guns, but they can't shoot-- it's the governor's daughter who's in the line of fire. Instead, Jack has Elizabeth place his effects back on him, before he shoves the girl back to her father and exits ever so gracefully.

" Gentlemen, my ladies, you will always remember this as the day you almost caught... Captain Jack Sparrow!"

 Captain Jack Sparrow!"

 ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦