Restricted Lessons

Start from the beginning

"So... which subject is troubling you?" He said leaning on the desk with his arms crossed. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up just above his elbows. He looked down at the book I had just placed on the table. "Potions? Really?"

"I need to memorise too many things, but this book is so tedious..."

"It is. And you shouldn't need to memorise, once you get the function of each potion you should be able to understand the purpose behind all the ingredients."

"You make it sound so easy. I get so lost with the amount of information, I don't know where to start."

"Don't worry. We'll go through each potion together, and I'll tell you what you need to write down. This book goes way overboard with unnecessary details."

"Thank you, Sebastian."

After going over all the content with me, I took a moment to read everything in silence. He had already lost himself in another book, so we sat there for a while, our heads bent and our minds busy. After reading my notes for a second time, I started fidgeting with my quill, trying to focus on the words. But every time I looked up, I caught Sebastian looking at me with a sly smile on his face. It was distracting, to say the least.

"What?" I finally said, unable to take it anymore.

Sebastian leaned back, a mischievous glint in his eye. "What, what?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"

I rolled my eyes. "Like you're up to something." Sebastian chuckled. "I'm always up to something, you know that."

I sighed, and couldn't help but smile. Sebastian had a way of getting under my skin, in a good way.

Finally, he bent over the table and leaned with his hand on it. "How about a quiz?"

For a second I thought I heard something else, but it was probably my imagination.

"Okay. I'm ready."

I was surprised by how well I did. He did stick to his word of being a perfect tutor, after all.

"Anything else you need help with?" he asked in a suggestive tone.

"I have to study all the sanctioned spells of the last century but, I don't know if I can pull that off right now." I was inspecting the bookshelf behind us, looking for something on that subject. Suddenly, a shadow covered the books. Sebastian was supporting the weight of his body with his hand on the bookshelf, dangerously close to me.

"Oh, I was just reading about that. Want to keep going?" I could almost feel the warmth of his breath as he spoke the words.

"Do you want to keep going? You can keep teaching me all you want, but I don't want to keep you here. It's no fun."

Our bodies were now merely inches away.

"You know, I can teach you a thing or two in the restricted section if you're not scared of having some unsanctioned fun."

"Didn't you teach me all the unforgivable...oh, you meant-" he finally had caught me completely off guard. My cheeks flushed pink.

"You know what I meant." he whispered in my ear, and brushed the back of my neck gently with his warm breath. It had certainly provoked a reaction that I couldn't deny, and I felt lured into whatever he had in store for me.

"Even for us, isn't it too risky?"- I said, trying to hide the weakness in my voice.

"I think the word you're looking for is thrilling." He put down his book and leaned even closer to me, leaving very little space between his face and mine- "We won't get caught this time. I promise. Just say the word, and I'll take you there."