Chapter 14

-butterfly mansion-

Kochou asked me in her office, I went straight there so as not to keep her waiting.I entered the office after knocking and hearing "enter".

Tanjiro: Kochou, why did you ask me?

Kochou: Calm down Tanjiro. I have to examine you after this mission you did with Rengoku here.

Tanjiro: Oh... I didn't notice you.

Rengoku: It's okay, young Tsugikuni.

I calmed down and sat down on a stool, Kochou overshadowed me and did not report anything abnormal. Rengoku struck up a conversation.

Rengoku: Tell me young Tsugokuni. What do you know about the breath of the sun?

Tanjiro: The breath of the sun is the most powerful of all breaths. The other breaths are only ersatz, for example the breath of the moon is a derivative of that of the sun. The breath of the sun is the original breath, it is the first. It was created by Yoriichi Tsugikuni in the Sengoku era, this man was the pillar of the sun. He was born with the brand and the transparent world.

Kochou: What brand and transparent world are you talking about?

Tanjiro: The mark is a technique that increases a slayer's physical strength. To activate it, you must have a temperature above 39°C and have a heartbeat of 200 per minute.

Kochou: But it's dangerous!

Tanjiro: I was going to come to that. Those who do not manage to obtain it will have nothing but those who obtain it will not be able to live more than 25 years. But if the user was already 25 or older when this mark was activated, he will die the next morning.

Rengoku: So it's a double-edged sword!

Tanjiro: The only ones who managed to avoid this curse are Yoriichi Tsugikuni, Michikatsu Tsugikuni also called Kokushibou, and myself.

Kochou: Tell us why you dodged this curse.

Tanjiro: Yoriichi was born with the mark. My father and I are demons, this curse that is the mark does nothing to us.

Rengoku: And for the transparent world?

Tanjiro: There it is more complicated.

Rengoku: Meaning?

Tanjiro: To activate the transparent world, you have to be very focused and have a clear mind. When I say "clear", I mean "have nothing in mind", be like a plant.

Kochou: hmm... Indeed, it's complicated... Did you reach it?