Chapter 2: the ball

Guests from all over the kingdom and other kingdoms arrived. Nobles, knights, royalty. The ballroom was filled with elegant women, manly men, well-mannered children. The sound of glasses clanking, people chatting and the classic music in the background.

"Go away." Aisha sat on a chair by the table where she was assigned to be. Her father and siblings are showing up in three hours by now. What they call a grand entrance. So she was sitting by herself, her legs were dug inside the table, her shoes hidden underneath the table. Her back slouched, her elbow on the table and her chin on her palm.

But you couldn't say she was sitting by herself since there were men near her age circling around her. Trying to have a dance with the princess. "May I have this dance?" All hands were outstretched to her.

"No."

"Just one dance."

"Never."

"Come on Shai."

Aisha glared at Midnight and Dale. "I will stab the heels of my shoes into your eyeballs."

"You can't do that."

Aisha reached under the table for her shoes. "Don't test me."

"Great! You have your shoes. Let's go." Dale grabbed Aisha's hand and dragged her to the dance floor.

Dale then took Aisha's heels and made her wear them. He stood up straight and placed a hand on her hip while the other was out. Aisha sighed but she placed a hand on his shoulder and placed her other on top of his outstretched one. "Just a simple dance."

"After this, I'll be passed around." Aisha looked anywhere but Dale's eyes.

"You taught everyone that you're not a toy. What's the matter?" Dale chuckled.

"It's not like I really wanted to be here." Aisha looked down on the ground.

"Chin up princess, your crown's falling." Dale rubbed circles with thumb to Aisha's hand that was on top of his.

"I've heard those words before." Aisha looked up and rolled her eyes, daring to look into his soft gray ones.

"This is a country of monarchy." The Prince shrugged.

"Continent actually." The Princess corrected.

"However you want to say it." Dale removed his hand from her waist and fixed Aisha's tiara. Suddenly a random guy tackled Dale which just left Aisha standing in the middle of the dance floor.

"Time for a new partner." A hand held hers and Midnight stood before her.

"Great." The Princess groaned under her breath.

"I still have a proposal for you."

"You still have five months to go." Aisha said.

"Mom and Dad approves of you already." Midnight grinned.

"I wonder why." Aisha said out loud.

"A princess who knows how to take care of herself. Has a trait of a queen regnant. Can definitely defend herself. And I know deep inside that you're a softie and you're not that tomboyish." Midnight listed out.

"Stop acting like you know me Midnight." Aisha hissed.

"Oh but I can't because I really know you."

She sighed. "Oh... I forgot that you always stalk me."

"I'm doing a good job too." He winked.

"It's not a good job if I catch you stalking me." Aisha glared. 'Seriously, I just can't stop myself today. It's like, sigh, be disappointed at, glare, hiss, groan, grumbling shit. I'm getting tired of repeating it.' Was what she thought.

"Where's the thrill in not being caught?" The Prince smirked.

"Oh so you're enjoying being kicked in the ass by my one and only brother dearest." Aisha smirked back.

"It's not like I'm not used to our fights when we were younger." Midnight rolled his eyes.

Arms wrapped around the princess's waist as a girl wrapped her arms around Midnight's shoulders. "Switch." The girl and boy said. The girl twirled Midnight around to make him look at her as the boy who had Aisha pulled her away from them.

Aisha turned to look at the boy. He had weird white hair and honey brown eyes. "I'm sorry, I haven't met you before." Aisha smiled for a change at the boy.

"Prince Lovino of the kingdom RavenWolf." The white haired prince bowed before holding Aisha's hands.

Aisha curtsied and held his hand, placing her other hand on his shoulder. "Princess Aisha of the kingdom of boredom. Pleasure to meet you."

"You're quite strange huh." Lovino smiled.

"Odd one out... What time is it by the way?" Aisha asked.

"A little over seven." He answered.

"I still have two more hours. Great."

"Two more hours of what?"

"Until the real event starts."

"Oh the ceremony." Lovino nodded.

Yes. Two more hours. Two more hours for Aisha to try and scare her admirers. Two more hours of her forced dancing. Two more hours of her marriage rejections.

However, on the other side. "Do we really have to wait that long?" Ace groaned as he leaned on a pillar by the throne room.

"It's what your sister wanted." His father sighed.

Alice was sitting by the steps of the throne, her eyes was staring at the ceiling. Her hands clasped in prayer and her lips were pulled into a smile. Daydreaming of who shall be her Prince Charming. "And you have to wait with us?"

King Spade sighed again. "It's what your sister wanted." He repeated. "You know how she is. She wants everything perfect. Act like this is a wedding. And we'll be by her side."

"Tch. This is why I don't like her." Ace glared at his least favorite sister.

"Do me a favor and find a girl." King Spade placed a hand on his son's shoulder to change the subject.

"Don't bet." Ace pushed himself from the pillar and headed for the doors. "You know where to find me." He simply said and walked out, trying not to be caught by the guests.

Going back to Aisha and the ball. Aisha pushed through going back to her seat. But not before she grabbed butter knives and held them closely to her chest. She sat down and removed her heels. Rotating her feet and letting it cool down on the marble floor. "Why do you so much bread knives?" Asked Drizzle as she, her sister and Milliana sat down around her.

"I dare you to take me back on the dance floor." Aisha pointed all her knives at Drizzle.

"Woah there. I know those are dull enough not to hurt me that much but having to receive the pointing end is dangerous. And it's more dangerous if you're holding onto them." Drizzle put her hands up.