Poltergeists and Headmasters

Start from the beginning

"Wood's captain of the gryffindor team."

Kenny became uninterested when he realised the conversation was just about quidditch.

He had hoped he could at least gain an idea of how this school handled punishment.

After all, if the school was as old fashioned as it seemed, even if you disregard the castle, then it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility for the school to utilise corporal punishment.

He dispelled his auditory enhancing magic and waited for Mcgonagall to return.

After another minute or two she did just that, sending both other boys back to their classes as madam Hooch would most likely have returned.

"Now Mr Winters, sorry for the wait. Please follow me."

She led him a long way through the castle, stopping at a wall under a slight archway with two gargoyles on either side.

One spoke.

"Password?"

Mcgonagall grew a disapproving and exasperated look. A look that she seemed to use often.

"Sherbet lemon."

The wall faded and a spiral staircase was revealed to the pair who quickly ascended.

They came to a stop in front of a large wooden door. Once more Mcgonagall chapped the door.

"Who is it."

Kenny recognised the voice as the headmaster's from the speech he gave at the welcome feast. If you could call it a speech.

"Minerva, I've brought Mr Winters."

"Come in."

Mcgonagall opened the door and held it for Kenny to walk through.

She was about to enter further into the room when she saw Peeves in the room looking as though he was sleeping in the air. He was unmoving aside from a slight drift in the air.

"Thank you, Minerva. I've got it from here."

She nodded and backed out the door before turning and descending the steps.

Kenny watched her leave and was lightly surprised when the door closed on it's own.

He turned back to Dumbledore.

'Wizards these days seem to enjoy wasting MP.'

"Take a seat, Kenny."

Dumbledore sat opposite Kenny at a massive desk.

"Kenny, do you know why I've sent for you?"

"I do."

His eyes drifted over to the ill poltergeist. Before he realised that he had been sent for before he even met the poltergeist.

'Crap. Why did I say that?'

"It was a rather curious thing. I was sitting in the hospital wing, chatting with Poppy. You won't have met her yet, that's madam Pomfrey, the nurse."

"She seemed irritable for some reason so I decided to part before she lost her temper. Only when I opened the door, I was met with madam Hooch grasping young Neville who looked a little worse for wear."

"She explained what happened and how you saved, young Neville from serious injury. Magic beyond what a first year should be capable of."

"After I had professor Mcgonagall call for you, I waited in my office. When, staggeringly, Sir Nocholas, The gryffindors ghost, came gliding in shoving an unmoving Peeves."