Hanging by a thread

Start from the beginning

"Zoya 2 minute bas." Hamza begs.

Zoya looks at his condition and she sees that he's somehow looking helpess. She finally gives in and walks outside to talk.

They go outside in the parking. Before Hamza could say anything, Zoya says, "Hamza Hadi ko bolo mujhpe nazar rakhne ki zaroorat nahi hai."

Hamza breaks down, "Kaise kahun usko? Woh apni zindagi ke liye lad raha hai andar. Ya pata nahi shayad lad bhi raha hai ya nahi."

Zoya gets shocked and realizes why Hamza is so helpess and afraid. She had always admired his love for his younger brother.

"Lekin, tum Karachi kaise? Tum toh-"

"Mere chacha jaan ki tabiyat theek nahi thi. Toh kuchh dino ke liye unhein milne aayi thi."

Zoya then asks what had happened to Hadi. Hamza explains everything, and also that the woman there was Hadi's wife, or ex-wife.

"Main ussey dekh sakti hun?" Zoya asks, remembering that they had a very good frienship back in the day.

"H-han. Zoya tumhein pata hai din raat yaad karta hun tumhein."

"Please Hamza aisi baatein mat karo. Mera nikaah ho chuka hai." 

Hamza is speechless and astounded.

"P-par Hadi ne toh bataya tha ke tumhara rishta ho raha-"

"-Haan, fir us hi hafte nikaah ho gaya. Danyal ke aadmi tab bhi tang kar rahe the toh hamari families bagair kisi ko bataye nikaah kar diya."

Hamza is putting all his energy in holding back his tears. His heart that had a shard of hope, has been shattered.

She walks away inside to go and see Hadi. Hopelessness looms over both of their faces.

Zoya goes into Hadi's room, and when she comes out, she sees the same girl that had been talking to Hamza, was sitting outside and sobbbing

Zoya goes into Hadi's room, and when she comes out, she sees the same girl that had been talking to Hamza, was sitting outside and sobbbing. She goes over to her, and places her hand on Sanam's shoulder. Sanam gets back as she doesn't know who it is.

"Ghabraao mat, Hadi theek ho jayega."

"Aa-aap kaun?"

"Main, uh main Hamza ki dost hun college waqt se. Usne bataya tumhare baare mein."

"Main theek hun. Aur vaise bhi mujhe Hadi se koi lena dena nahi hai."

"Toh fir yahan baithi ro kyun rahi ho?" Zoya asks, knowing well how Sanam feels."

"Zoya." She says and extends her hand to Sanam.

"Sanam." Khaani shakes her hand, wiping her tears.

As she withdraws her hand, she gets a video call from her mother, and she picks up. Sonia is giving her options from which to buy the marriage clothes for herself. Zoya hears this.

"Kisi ki shaadi hai ghar mein?"

"Haan. Meri." She says without any emotions.

Zoya is speechless as she just witnessed her heart in pain for Hadi. All this reminds her of Hamza and herself.

"May I ask tum yeh faisla kyun kar rahi ho? Hadi ko chhod kar kisi aur se shaadi, yeh toh dhokha ho gaya, Hadi ke saath, uss ladke ke saath jissey tumhara nikaah hone jaa raha hai. Aur sabse bada dhokha jo tum khud ko de rahi ho, yeh jaante hue ki tumhein uss sey be-intehaa mohabbat hai. Main tumhein 5 minute se zyada time se toh jaanti nahi hun, lekin aik mohabbat karne vala shaqs pehchaan sakti hun mai."

"Main apne bhai ke qatil se kabhi mohabbat nahi kar sakti. Aur koi dhokha nahi kiya maine kisi ke saath. Mere saath dhokha hua hai." She gets angry.

"Sanam, Hadi kabhi kisi ki jaan nahi le sakta. Haan uske rutbe or darr ko dekh kar lagta hai aisa. Lekin aisa kuchh sach nahi ho sakta. Main ussey bahot saalon se jaanti hun." Zoya is surprised but still convinces Sanam as she knows this isn't possible."

"Mere paass footage hai, proof hai."

Zoya has no words to say as she herself is shocked. She then sees Hamza coming over, and she decides to leave.

"Main jaane se pehle aik baat kahungi Sanam, agar aap kisi se mohabbat karte ho toh uss mohabbat ko kaamyaab hone ke liye aapko bahot si cheezon ka samna karna padta hai. I don't want ke koi misunderstanding ki wajah se tum kuchh aisa kho do jo vapis milne na paaye. Kyunki maine aisa hi kuchh khoya hai. Take care of yourself. Allah ne chaha toh fir milenge." Zoya says to Sanam and leaves. She passes Hamza on her way out and doesn't stop for him.

Hamza sees Khaani getting up and leaving. He immediately stops her. 

"Sanam, suno. Hadi ki halat mein improvement hui hai pichhle 2 dino se. Usko hosh bhi aya-"

"-Hamza bhai, main aapki bahot respect karti hun. Lekin ab mera aur Hadi ka koi lena dena nahi hai, toh main nahi chahti ke main us sey koi talluq rakhun." She cuts him off, and leaves. While leaving she looks at Hadi from the glass in the door.

Hamza is so confused. He cannot figure out why Sanam would become this cold over the matter of only a couple days. 

But right now he has his own heart shattered into pieces. He sits his mentally tired body on the chair. Zoya is married now. He had committed grave crimes just to have her in his life, only for her to belong to someone else at the end. He leans his head against the wall, thinking all that had happened with him, is now happening with Hadi, except he thinks that Hadi didn't kill anyone, and he had killed an entire busload of people. After all this, he comes to a realization. Behind all this, there is only one person. He played with 4 lives, 2 of which have been destroyed and 2 are about to be. He leans forward, wipes his eyes with anger bursting out of them and he whispers, "Danyal!"

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|