t w e n t y - s e v e n

Start from the beginning

Snapping her gloves on, she went to work. It was quiet for a while before Minho spoke. "Why do you bleach your hair so much?" He asked.

Gyeoul's hand paused for a mere second from the question before feigning nonchalance. "No reason. I like the color on me." She replied after a beat.

Minho hummed. "Didn't you say that you liked the simplicity of black hair?"

Her brows furrowed, allowing her hands to fully stop. "When did I say that?" She asked back, her heart jumping. She was surprised since she really did have that belief once upon a time but she does not recall telling him anything about it.

Minho fell silent for a second. "The bleach is starting to sting. Is that normal?"

She blinked back the confusion before going back to the bleach. "Yeah, it's normal, sorry. I'll try to work quickly."

"You don't have to apologize to me, Gyeoul. Hurt me all you want." Minho said, lowly. Just enough for both of them to hear.

She considered shoving the bleach mixture down his throat but decided against it. 

•••

"Your hair lifted pretty well." Gyeoul stated as she run her fingers through his wet hair, scanning if she missed any spots. She purposely left out the fact that he looked damn good with the new hair color.

"Is that a good thing?" He asked before aggressively drying his hair with a towel.

Before Gyeoul could nod, she cringed at how he dried his hair. She was well aware that it was very damaging. She immediately snatched the towel out of his hands, mumbling something about boys and their inability to take care of themselves. Minho sat obediently, waiting for the next step. He was confused when Gyeoul handed him a hair dryer.

"What?" She asked, dryer in hand. "You need to dry your hair or you'll catch a cold."

Minho merely pursed his lips and crossed his arms over his chest. "What kind of service is this? I don't pay you so I could do the work myself."

Her face contorted in absolute aggression. "You don't pay me at all, asshole." She clipped but nonetheless, plugged the hair dryer in. She sighed, flipping the on button. She positioned herself in front of him, making sure that it was set at a comfortable temperature. She had only been drying his hair for five seconds before switching it off again. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked, arms raised.

Minho was hugging her. His arms was hugging her torso completely, his cheeks nuzzled to the curve of waist.

"This, I paid for." She heard him whisper.

True.

She recalled the wad of bills that he had dropped earlier that night at the university.

Something was stuck in her throat. She quickly let the dryer roar to life so she could hide the shaky breath that had escaped her lips. Though, she was not sure if Minho was hearing the fluttering in her stomach. Hopefully the dryer, drowned it out.

Her skin began to prickle as she felt his fingers inch their way to her bare skin. She attempted to focus. It didn't help that she was wearing a cropped top that continued to rise everytime she moved her arms. She tried to focus. His fingers danced lightly against her back. She continued to focus. Her chest was drumming with life and she was well aware that he knew what he was doing. He definitely knows. He could feel the shortness in her breath. He was delighted at how her stomach caved when his lips brushed her hip. She was not focused. Her hands were beginning to shake and it was not because of the device in her hand. It was because of his hot breath fanning her skin. A part of her wanted to push him away and run for the hills and the other wanted to pull him impossibly closer until their souls combined.