XXXX (FINAL CHAPTER)

Start from the beginning

She had to take the good with the bad. The carefree with the sorrowful. And the happy with the heartbreaking. It didn't matter what it was. It was a piece of her that she got to put back in its rightful place.

Sure, the puzzle was still coming together, but the picture was beautiful just the same.

She loved that she got to go back in time and see nineteen-year-old Jennie discover Lisa Manoban and the incredibly intense crush that she'd quickly developed on the girl.

She adored that she got to remember different parts of that first year together, the two of them navigating all the new things that came not only with learning about each other but with being in a serious relationship at all.

She blushed at any glimpse of the two of them finding themselves in one compromising position or another.

She ached remembering the pain Lisa had held onto for so long but found that the memories of them taking care of one another were so uplifting to revisit.

She found that Rosé had been right a year ago when she'd told an unsure version of Jennie that Lisa had 'done a lot, not just for you, but for all of us.'

And she cherished being able to watch her and Lisa take the next step in their life together, holding tight to that love and pride she carried for Lisa.

Each memory was important. And it was worth the effort and the pain. It was worth the fight. Because it was them. Because it was Lisa.

And I love her so much.

Six Years, Eleven Months, and Twenty-Nine Days Before the Accident...

She slowly glanced to her left, trying to be as discreet as possible, and knowing she was failing miserably. But how could she not stare when it was Lisa sitting next to her?

Lisa Manoban, who was flirty and had those amazing dark eyes and lips that Jennie hadn't been able to stop thinking about for two weeks now and...

Who was also actually really smart and sometimes funny and kind of sweet when Jisoo and Rosé weren't around.

All things that never would've come to mind when she'd first caught sight of the blonde-haired bartender who had every girl in the place fiercely vying for her attention.

This was only the third night they'd met up to study, and honestly, Jennie was finding it harder and harder to focus every time. Because not only was Lisa unfairly gorgeous, but she actually had the personality to back it up.

I mean, who can focus on studying art when the most beautiful girl in the world, who is actually turning out to be pretty awesome and so charming, is sitting right next to them?

Jennie swallowed hard as she watched Lisa trap her bottom lip between her teeth, once again noticing the little gap in those pearly whites that somehow only made Lisa more beautiful. And her brow furrowing ever so slightly in concentration as she continued to read through Jennie's notes from the last class was one of the most adorable things Jennie had ever seen. She watched the older girl read through the pages once more before finally shaking her head with a sigh and setting them down on the counter in front of her.

Jennie quickly attempted to turn away as Lisa looked over, but as she was nowhere near as smooth as the other girl, the obvious jerk of her head towards her book was more than obvious.

Crap.

She waited a moment, hoping for the best, but knew she'd been caught when she nonchalantly glanced up a moment later and saw the knowing smirk on Lisa's face. Attempting to cover the blush quickly spreading across her cheeks, she let her hair fall forward as she hunched further over the counter, pretending to be oblivious to anything but the textbook in front of her.