Lei shook her head. "It was stupid." She mumbled while she rubbed her eyes. "Don't tell Lahar." Lei sucked in a stable breath while she continued to calm herself down.

"I won't." Matahari nodded, she was a little annoyed Lei didn't tell her whatever happened.

Their conversation was interrupted when Eta'yla's heightened voice rang out through their hut. "Who did this?!" She demanded.

Lei and her sister hurried out to learn the reasoning of their mother's concern.

Lo'ak was stood in the doorway with Lahar leant on his side, Lahar's face was blemished with spotted blood and a bruise underneath his eye.

"Nothing happened." Lahar's voice was laced with shame.

"The chief's son." Lo'ak plainly responded, Lahar elbowed him in the ribs.

Lei's tail curled out of anger when she heard Lo'ak's response. "What happened?" Matahari worriedly asked, her eyebrows curving upwards.

Lahar shook his head, it was clear to see he wanted nothing to do with this conversation. An embarrassed visage masked Lahar's face.

"Where is he?" Lei questioned as she approached her younger brother.

"The hanger." Lo'ak answered for Lahar, Lahar replied with a frustrated grunt.

"Take him to Kuni." Lei ordered Lo'ak as she shoved past him.

"Lei!" Lahar desperately called after her but was left with no response.

She brazenly cut through the village to catch Ka'toa in the hanger, her intentions were clear. She was going to avenge Lahar — who was Ka'toa to come after her younger brother?

As she step foot into the hanger she was puzzled to find most of the ikran's were out, she was also met with arguing.

As she searched for the source of the bickering she recognized Neteyam's voice, her anger was partially diffused with confusion.

She turned a corner to finally find Neteyam fighting with the one and only Olo'eyktan's son. She was flattered but simultaneously flooded with rage.

She ran over to the pair and gripped Neteyam's queue, she yanked him backwards towards her.

"Agh!" He yelped as he swiped at Lei's ankle.

She kicked his hand away and gripped Ka'toa's shoulders, she plowed him into a tree trunk — the hanger was built onto a tree.

Lei was met with an advantage, Ka'toa was already on the ground. She grunted quietly as she struggled to stop Ka'toa swinging at Neteyam. She stumbled backwards when Ka'toa ruthlessly punched her in the jaw.

She lashed her tail, her lip began to bleed. She stared a flinty gaze down to Ka'toa as he caught his breath. Her view was obstructed when Neteyam dove onto him yet another time and delivered blows onto Ka'toa's face.

She bared her teeth behind her shut lips, she was overwhelmed with frustration and animosity against Ka'toa.

Lei squatted down to coil her arms around Neteyam's waist and yank him off of Ka'toa, she dropped him on the ground a few feet away.

"What are you doing?!" Neteyam yelled out of confusion, Lei left him with no response. Neteyam's short fuse had sparked.

Lei swiveled her attention back to Ka'toa who was now stood upwards. His nose was bloodied and a portion of his face were left swollen from either her brother or Neteyam.

She inspected his injuries for no more than a few seconds before she bounded towards him. Lei delivered a punch against Ka'toa's face, he grabbed her wrists and slammed her against the same tree trunk.

She hissed in his face and kicked him in his stomach. He stumbled backwards while Lei slipped her dagger out of her sheathe, she began to stride towards him — but was fortunately halted by Neteyam.

He pulled her backwards by her waist as she struggled to find the words to disrespect Ka'toa further. Neteyam held her arms to her chest as he repeatedly stepped backwards.

"You NEVER touch him! I will kill you!" She rasped out while Neteyam refused to let her break free of his arms. "Fnawe'tu!"

Ka'toa grimaced at Lei being handled by the lean boy. He hissed violently at the opposing pair of Na'vi.

Lei's blood began to dribble down her chin as Neteyam lead her out of the hanger forcefully.

"He is going to tell Katu." Lei shakily said as she smudged the blood on her chin.

"Fuck." Neteyam stressfully muttered to himself. He looked down to Lei as he pulled her onto the village's bridges, his ears flattened. "He hurt you." He muttered while he looked down to Lei who was trapped underneath his arms, held to his chest.

"I am fine." Lei snapped. "Get off." She abruptly shoved him off of her, there might as well been steaming blowing out of her ears. She shoved her dagger back into her sheathe as she increased her aggressive pace.

Neteyam's ego was bruised when Lei displayed such hostility. "I saved your brother's ass." Neteyam replied, his anger issues were heightened.

Lei's tongue glided over her front teeth, she casted the Omatikaya teen an angry sneer.

"Do not look at me like that, skxawng." Neteyam rolled his eyes.

"I will look at you how I want." She halted her walk and turnt to the tall boy, she stood there as if she was a brick wall. "Watch how you speak to me." She added in an authoritative tone.

Neteyam breathlessly scoffed at her. "You should be thankful—"

Lei turnt swiftly and left Neteyam stood idle on that bridge. She wasn't going to listen to his attempt to justify his disrespectful actions.

AN

oup 💀