Don't get her wrong though. She is no hero. Thalia has limited things in her arsenal, and there's not much she can do to help. However, this man that now possesses her brother? He is no doubt a victim.

He does not even know that there's a deal made, not that Thalia knows everything entails it. But it is definitely unpleasant to have your life thrown into some other place just like that. Plus, with him inhabiting that body, he is pretty much as good as another brother to her. She reaches a conclusion that,

She will help this new brother of hers to settle down in this new world. And then, with approval from the family's head, she will leave this family and resides in any territory within the Count's jurisdiction and starts a small shop.

Perhaps a cafe, perhaps an inn.

"It's worth it"

It's worth it, to help this person as she is now his younger sister and because of the arbitrary decision from her brother. But mostly the god. Definitely blaming them. And then retired somewhere and open a shop.

'Surely the war won't be that bad, right?'

"Young Miss, are you inside the bathroom?"

She could hear the young maid's voice from earlier coming from outside. If Thalia recalls correctly, Maria has been a loyal maidservant of hers ever since she decides to avoid the social world. Aside from Lily who visits her from time to time, and Cale whom she meets occasionally- Maria comes close third as the most human interaction she had for a long time.

"Yes, I'll be right out"

Maria is someone who is loyal to her duty as a maid, hence their relationship is never closer than that. A youthful person that is serious with her work.

Of course, Thalia is also a person observant enough to know, Maria is definitely more than a maid.

But she decides to let it be. Every house has its own spy in them, which demonstrates the capability of the crown to gather information and keep tabs on all nobles. It is the fault of the nobles themselves if they don't realize the spy planted in their own home.

Thalia though is content with keeping it that way. In contrast to what others thoughts, she had only adored her brother Cale, and her family to a certain extent. Anything more... well, it could be damned for all she cared.

It's not like they can glean any secrets from her anyway.

Thalia put on the bathrobe and quickly exited the bathroom. Maria was standing there with her stoic face and another maid on her side.

"Young Miss, we will start to dress you now."

"Alright. And pick a white simple dress for me with my hair neatly up."

She decides that a neat and calm appearance will be a good first impression of that person. The servants help her with a simple floral dress and her hair was neatly tied back. The reflection in the mirror was alright to her standard.

She never bothers much about whether she looks prettier or not. That's more of her brother rather than her. She turns around and faced Maria.

"Maria, let's go"

"Yes, young miss"

She was focused on psyching herself to be prepared for her first time outside after a long while that she does not realize the momentary shock that cross Maria's eyes. It was, after all, the first time the young miss ever call her name.

Maria almost thought that the young miss never care.

Thalia calmly walks behind Maria as she quietly observes the servants. All of the servants have curious looks on them and bowed respectfully to her before going away quickly. It's a normal reaction. After all, except for a select few, most of them had never seen her. Even more so to witness her going out after a long time.