ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴜᴘᴘᴏꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ

After the day you had lunch with Bachira, you always made it a priority to greet him every morning. You didn't always have time to spend with him, but when you did, it was usually at the rooftop garden for lunch.

Your friends had questioned where you'd go off to alone on those days, you just told them you were tutoring a student. They bought it pretty easily.

Bachira never went out of his way to approach you though, sure he would wave at you when you lock eyes in the hallways but nothing more. You didn't mind, but it would be nice to see him initiate some type of conversation from time to time.

Ever so often your thoughts would stray to him, for no particular reason, really. He was just really difficult to forget, like the type of person to always be at the back of your mind.

And... speaking of Bachira.

Your eyes lit up when you realised it was the golden eyed boy in the alleyway. You had just gotten off your bus back home, it was a surprise to see Bachira near your house.

Did he live around here?

Surely you would have noticed if he did.

But upon walking closer, you found that he was in fact not alone, there were three other guys standing in front of him with smug looks on their faces.

Actually, now that you're really seeing the scene... it didn't look very friendly. For the first time since you'd met Bachira, you saw a dangerous glint in his eyes when he looked up at the three guys.

If you'd blinked, you would have missed the insane speed in which he held one of them in a chokehold, bashing their heads into the concrete behind.

"...I'm not weird, I'm not weird..." You could barely make out the words he was saying as he started throwing hands at the three boys.

It wasn't until one of them pushed you aside while running away did you finally realise what you had just witnessed.

Bachira?

The same Bachira who rarely ever speaks up in school?

What is he doing...

What's happening?

Why... why is he beating up...

...

"Ba...chira..." You finally muttered, still shaken by the bloody scene that had just played out in front of you.

"!!" Bachira who was so focused on hitting the last guy sitting on the floor with a bloody nose, looked up at the familiar voice of your. "l/n— what are you doing here?" He was genuinely curious at first, after all he had no idea you'd live so close by.

But upon your lack of response, he finally took in the scared and shocked expression in your eyes.

"Wait, it's not what it looks like! I swear!" Bachira desperately called out to you, dropping the other boy in an instant.

Clutching the strap of your bag, you glanced warily between Bachira and the bruised and bloodied up man on the ground. Shaking your head slightly, you gave him a disappointed look before speed walking away.

You were pretty spooked out by what you just saw... seeing the sweet Bachira that you knew ruthlessly beat up a group of guys... It made you feel sick.

Glancing back in worry every few seconds to make sure he wasn't following you, you finally made it back to your apartment that you lived in alone.

Dropping your bag to the ground, you sat on the edge of your bed, mind still racing with endless possibilities on what that could have possibly been.

Bachira isn't a bad person...

I've hung out with him before, he's nice...

It must be a misunderstanding.

But then... that glint in his eyes... why was it so scary?

No, Bachira isn't a bad person.

He isn't.

He can't be.

It was a misunderstanding.

Yeah, that had to be it...

Bringing your knees up to your chest, you couldn't help but overthink about the situation.

What if that was the real Bachira?

Would he find me and beat me up too?

Stop jumping to conclusions y/n!

If you want to know so bad just ask him yourself tomorrow!

27 May 2023
696