•chapter fourteen•

Start from the beginning

Max and Indie were at an impasse. Indie desperately wanted to walk along the beach, dip her feet into the water but she did not want her dress to get sandy. Max had decided that he didn't want this night to end so quickly. He liked spending time with Indie, especially Indie after a few drinks when he found the softer side to the sharp tongued brunette to make an appearance.

There was a nuance to Max and Indie but it was yet to be fully discovered. Something was definitely in the air between them but Indie was also set on George. She liked that he was sweet, caring and doted on her.

The Dutchman was well aware of the growing relationship between Indie and his competition but according to Darcy he shouldn't be. Indie never went for the sweet ones, she had always dated the reckless and the chaotic.

Suddenly Max began unbuttons his crisp white shirt, "Here, you can wear my shirt?" He suggested with a grin although Indie didn't look so sure.

Indie chewed her lip from side to side and sighed. "I don't know Max..." She hesitated and began to hoist the bottom of her dress up to her knees. The dress was heavy.

Max chuckled, "You do have underwear on right...because I mean that's basically a bikini, right?" He pondered. There was a cheekiness to his words which Indie caught on to and gently slapped his naked bicep.

"Yes I have underwear on, Max-A-Million," Indie sassed pulling out what she thought was his full first name however from the light smirk that left the Dutchman's lips it would appear that she was wrong.

"You mean, Max Emilian," He corrected the brunette before embracing her for a short second. "In-D-GOOOO," Max winked.

Indie rolled her eyes. "Basically I said the exact same thing," She said sticking her tongue out.

This was the side of Indie that Max liked to see. Lando had told him at the first race that Indie had a personality like no other but that it all depended on who you were. She was in that way, the ultimate Libra. Indie could switch up to fit into different scenarios and chat with different people.

Max furrowed his brow into a scowl, "Of course it is Princess, of course it is," There was his signature nickname for Indie making an appearance. "So do you want my shirt or not?" Max asked slightly inpatient.

Indie reached her hand out and took the shirt from Max. "Can you unzip me?" She asked turning her back to him and dropping his Tux jacket from her shoulders.

There was a pause. Indie heard Max inhale sharply before she felt his cold fingers brush her hair onto her shoulder and gently pull the zip down. With a mix of the crashing waves and the pulsating hearts, Max told Indie he was turning around.

"I'm surprised you didn't try to catch a peak," Indie smirked as she stepped out of the glittering gown and changed into the white shirt.

Max fumbled his words waiting for the right moment to turn around. He bent down, rolled the cuffs of his trousers up and neatly folded his socks into the his shoes placing them by the tux jacket Indie had placed down.

"You didn't invite me to..." Max said trailing off once he realised Indie was now covered up and wearing his shirt. There was something about a girl wearing his clothes that Max found incredibly attractive, and Indie wearing his shirt, well, that was mind-blowingly striking.

Indie had left about three or four buttons undone and the lace of her underwear was just peaking through in the softly moonlit glow. Max could just about make out the curves of her body that he craved to hold.

Max leant across to pick up her dress and make sure that it was wrapped in his tuxedo jacket to ensure it didn't get ruined, otherwise he might not ever hear the end of it.