he nodded his head and closed his eyes. "i did," he said. "gangsta i did. i did. i'm not gonna lie, i did." he shrugged as he opened another one. he took a bite out of it and put his hands back on his keyboard. his phone was yet again, still blowing up from the groupchat. he let out a big huff and turned his phone the other way.

"dd, nigga!" notti said, barging into his room, shutting the door behind him. his head shot over to his bedroom door, seeing a tiny figure before it closed. "did you just shut the door on my nephew?" he asked his younger brother. notti smacked his lips and made his way over to dd.

"i ain't know if you wanted him in here or not," he said, shrugging. "open the damn door and let that nigga in here, notti," dd demanded. notti sighed and went over to the door, opening it to reveal a running amiri. he ran over to dd, a wide smile forming on the older boys face.

"tio," amiri said. dd set down his phone and picked up his nephew, setting him on his lap. "i missed you." amiri mumbled. "huh?" dd asked as notti once again made his way over to his brother, standing behind his chair. "i missed you," amiri said, repeating himself. "i missed you more,"

"what's that?" amiri asked, pointing towards his computer screen. dd was now on fortnite as he smiled at the little boy. "fortnite." dd answered as he started clicking on his mouse. dd's screen started changing as amiri watched in amusement. notti let out a big sigh as he sat down on his brothers bed, waiting for him.

amiri was sliding slowly off of dd's lap so dd repicked him back up, setting him back up on his lap. dd turned his chair around and faced notti, but not before muting his mic. "wassup, e?" dd asked as amiri played with his headset wires.

"why ain't you answering the groupchat? i know you see us texting nigga," notti asked, annoyed. dd smacked his lips and waved notti off. "cause i didn't want to answer. why else," he said as if it was obvious. notti rolled his eyes and sighed. "is you still finna do allat that you said you was gonna do?" he asked.

at the thought of doing what he's been planning for a while now, a smile grew on his face. "you already know. i got everything ready. i just need to get some more stuff from the store." he said, reassuring his brother. notti let out a sigh of relief as he stood up. "that's all we needed to know, dick."

"yo watch your mouth," dd said. notti laughed as he took amiri from dd. dd turned his chair back around and unmuted his mic. "yo what was y'all talking bout?" stacks asked. dd just shook his head. "nothin, my heart," he said. "but i'm finna get off i got shit to do." he told stacks. without giving the boy a chance to respond, he ended the stream and closed out the game.

he got up from his gaming chair and went over to his bed and got the poster that he had made, with the help of jasmine and alexandra, and then grabbed his phone and walked out his room. he grabbed his keys off the the counter and faced his mom who was in the kitchen. "mami, voy a salir un rato, pero te enviaré un mensaje de texto con mi corazón,"

(ma i'm going out for a while but i'll text you my heart)

crimsley nodded her head in response. "bebé de seguridad. te amo." she said. "te amo." dd shortly replied as she continued on cutting some strawberries as he made his way out the door and to his car, starting it and immediately driving to target.

𖤐

dd has been in the snack isle in target for the past ten minutes now, his hand on his chin as he looked like a confused dad. he didn't really forgot what her favorite things were, because trust he knew all of them, he just forgot which one she preferred. twix or sour patch kids?