He moved forward, "Love you weren't even close to an answer." She pouted her world famous pout, the one that used to get her out of going to school or when she failed a test. Klaus encased his arms around her waist, "But you can keep making that face for as long as you want," his lips touched her nose gently, "it's adorable."

"Break it up you two you're making me sick!" A loud and angry voice boomed.

Both of them exchanged a look and grumbled, "Kol."

-o-

It was Friday which meant that Caroline has a free instead of a first period. She kissed Klaus goodbye quickly before any nosey Mikaelson siblings decided to sneak a glance and promised to text him. She ran home quickly through the back woods, not wanting anybody to see her using her vampire abilities. Not to mention people would think she was doing the walk of shame if she went the sidewalk route.

When she made it home Liz was already gone to work so she quickly raced upstairs to take a shower. The water was like coming home, melting off the gross feeling of intoxication and keeping secrets. Ah, refreshing. She spent more than enough time just standing under the drip of the shower head, trying to think about anything except what was really happening.

By the time she reemerged from the shower her toes and fingers had turned to prunes. Caroline stared down at her appendages and sighed, there was always a consequence to every action. Being with Klaus may make her friends disappear, but that wasn't her fault. They made their own decisions, she just wished they'd make the choice to stay.

Bonnie and Caroline both had free periods on Friday mornings so Caroline texted her friend wondering if she could give her a ride. She needed to talk to Bonnie alone before they got to the school, and the only place to do that would be in Bonnie's car cruising down the road.

Hey Bonnie, are you on the road yet? Do you think you could pick me up?

Sure thing! I'll be there soon!

Caroline decided to on wearing a classic dress and jacket combination that matched her boots. She straitened her hair since it seemed like she hadn't done it for centuries, and maybe there would be a day when she actually hadn't done it for such a long period of time. Like one morning Klaus would be talking about a date they had and Caroline would remember 'oh yeah that was like a century ago, the last time I straightened my hair'.

She shook her head. What was wrong with her? She was already picturing being with him for that long? It felt like no matter how hard she tried Klaus wormed his way into her future, her heart and just about every other aspect of her life. How long had she been thinking about him this way without realizing it?

There was a knock on the door that made her jump. Caroline placed the straightener back down onto the makeup table and hit the off button. The last thing her mom needed was for the house to catch fire while she was at work -Caroline didn't really need it either to be honest.

Bonnie was smiling at her through the window on the door, beckoning her friend inside as she raced down the stairs Caroline watched Bonnie enter. "Hey Care!"

She landed with a thud on the floor, smiling sheepishly as she responded, "Hey Bonnie." Bonnie wasn't stupid, if anybody knew Caroline it was her and she definitely got the vibe that something was up. Something was up but that didn't mean the blond wanted her friend to know it.

The other girl crossed her arms, "So what's going on? Something to do with Klaus?" Caroline was thankful Liz was at work because apparently Bonnie's filter was broken.

She bit her lip, "last night I was talking to Stefan -who was dead at the time because Katherine went crazy and snapped his neck, don't ask!" Bonnie's eyebrows were raised to the ceiling but she didn't say anything. "So I was telling him about me and Klaus when suddenly your nosey ass boyfriend Kol walked in and heard everything and Stefan wouldn't tell me why Katherine killed him and Elena left mysteriously the night before and everything is a mess!" So she wasn't exactly sure what she was trying to get off of her chest but apparently it was the entire night. Caroline didn't seem to feel much better even after she'd told Bonnie everything which was slightly disappointing. One of her most annoying character traits was that she hated being overwhelmed -ironically it happened a lot.