Half a Heart

Rose's POV

I opened my eyes moments later in pure darkness. The only light was the one coming from the window outside. I looked around, wondering how it got so dark. It had been hours, not moments. I sat up in the bed, feeling nauseous. My head was throbbing and I could hear it in my eardrums. A migraine.

I searched around the side of the bed looking for the aspirin when I noticed something. Harry was gone.

I jumped up quickly and felt his side of the bed. All I felt were sheets. I looked around through the shadows, feeling my throat tighten. I started to freak out and my hands were starting to shake. Where did he go?

I jumped off the bed and sprinted to the door trying to find him. I got to the door when it almost hit me.

"Babe. What are doing up?" I turned my gaze to him then flew into his arms. My head was throbbing more now as I hugged him tightly.

"Where did you go? I was starting to get worried..." I said, holding my head against his shoulder. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back inside the dark room.

"Starting to?" He chuckled and placed me back on the bed. I pulled the covers up to my chin and watched him get in beside me.

"I went to the restroom, but I guess that took too long." He said wrapping his arm around me. I playfully hit him in the shoulder and smiled.

"That's not funny. I thought I lost you again."

Suddenly his smile fell. He laid back against the pillows, pulling me over to his side. I leaned against his chest, feeling the warmth of his breath over my neck.

"Rose? Can I ask you something?"

I looked up into his eyes, getting used to the familiar darkness. He stroked my shoulder lightly, keeping his eyes on me. I shook a little as the air hit me on my back and down my spine. He pulled the covers over me, not changing his gaze.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. He kissed me on the cheek slowly then moved to my shoulder. I leaned into his arm and he whispered,

"What if that was me you saw in the accident?"

I felt a wave of shock wash over me as I thought about what he said. I wish I could say I didn't know what I would do, but that would be a lie. Because I do know what it would be like. It would be the end of my world if he died. I saw a flashback of the memory right before my eyes as I watched myself lying in the rain, crying. I couldn't stand to relive that memory. It was too painful.

"I'd probably give up. On everything...." I answered shakily. His eyes became relaxed and he leaned in again. I tilted my head for him to kiss, but he lifted my chin with his hand. I felt calm again as he placed his lips on top of mine.

He placed his hand on my cheek, caressing my jaw with his thumb. I held onto his hand and placed it over my waist. He pulled me closer to him and dropped his hand to my hip. I leaned in forcefully as he pulled me over on top of him. After several brief seconds, he began to deepen the kiss. I held onto his hand tightly, keeping his hand on my back. He pulled away slowly and wrapped his other hand over my back.

"I love you Rose..."

I gushed at his words. Even now I loved to hear them. I fell onto my back right next to him.

"I know." I responded. He kissed me one more time on the lips then turned over on his side facing me. "So no matter what, you know that I always love you, right?"

I looked at him through his eyes and grabbed his arm. He let me pull him towards me as I leaned into his ear and whispered... "Forever and always."

Last First Kissजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें